P code Big Block Duster ????

-
Seeing how the 400 did not even come out till 1972 and the Duster never came with a big block, I think it is either a mis-type or somebody is trying to pull somebodies leg.

Ever try to put a BB in a Duster at the factory without BB specific parts??

Until then......

LackOfPictures.jpg
I did a 383 out of a 71 superbee with all factory parts into a 67. Manifolds from the 71 cut the column housing back to the firewall and used two dodge ram mounts they were the same but thicker. Bench seat with the 71 slapstick mounted in front of the seat. had to notch the K for the oil pump. I believe a 73 spool mount k would be a bolt in. Steve

Im not trying to convince anybody that this is a legit car , im certain it is some kinda mis stamp on the vin tag , as i stated earlier i will get pics ( wish id thought of it when i was there last sat ) its about 90 miles from my house or id run right over to take pics ) I will be down there next sat am and will take pics ... sorry to cause all the up roar !!! :sad11:

It's no problem dave. We never said we were an easy crowd. lol

Is this another wild goose chase like the R/T Dart?
I would love to see pics of the fender tag and the v.i.n. and heaven forbid, a broadcast sheet.
I would have to see it to believe it, but you never know. It might have even been a test mule of some kind.

Yep, I'm still saying build it with a 400. Make it look as factory as possible. I'll even give you ten bucks if you can make Govier crap a blue turd.

Again , i agree with Rumblefish360 and others that is not a real bb factory car , but cant wait till Sat to go back down , take some pics and put the mystery to rest ...

Again , i agree with Rumblefish360 and others that is not a real bb factory car , but cant wait till Sat to go back down , take some pics and put the mystery to rest ...
Aren't mysteries fun!:batman:

...............Back in the early 80s Larry Shepherd kinda hinted there was a few big block B engine dusters kicking around.........all i've ever seen was the " test mule" in the hustle stuff and direct connection manuals where they tested the performance parts.......kim......

...............Back in the early 80s Larry Shepherd kinda hinted there was a few big block B engine dusters kicking around.........all i've ever seen was the " test mule" in the hustle stull and direct connection manuals where they tested the performance parts.......kim......

and the plot thickens....:happy1:

Well hears what i found guys , fender tag reads to me 360 4v , but the vin tag as i stated earlier indicates 400 4v ???? Ill let you ponder
DSCN1432.jpg
DSCN1434.jpg
DSCN1435.jpg
DSCN1436.jpg

P is just above the L on my keybord and 1/2 space off.
Their old keyboards may be different.

Factory typo.

See 4 pages of factory errors......

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/factoryErrors.shtml

Oldmanmopar,
You did a 383 into a 67 using factory parts BUT you did not do it on the assembly line with new parts taken out of parts bins along the line.
This was also done using factory parts also but they would never attempt this on the line.

PA241353.jpg

No i didnt buy it , i did buy the Orange 70 in the back ground .. Missing a bunch of stuff but a very clean car thats been tucked in the back of his shop for about 15 yrs

Thanks for the pics and the story.....
I would have still bought the car, a great conversation piece and a 360 car to boot!
What did he want for it?
I definitely wouldn't part it and scrap it, it's a '74 360 car with not a lot of rust.
It has a lot going for it if you really think of it......
What are you going to do?
Just curious.

I agree I woulda snagged it up. One of the biggest typos they could make. Ya dont see that too often, Ive never seen a typo like that before

Im probably going to pass on the car myself , but if any of your are interested , id be happy to forward his name and # . He never gave me a firm price but i think 5 to 6 hundred dollar range would buy it ..

-
Back