P.G. CLASSIC tail light bezels 74 Duster

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
I have spent a fortune on the tail light bezels for my 74 Duster,from P.G. Classic they are a P O S. They dont fit very well,they have sent me 2 sets and booth are the same.So stay away from buying them.They have agreed to give me back my money,half when i sent them back and the other half when they get them. Now I have to put the old ones back on.:pale:

Sometimes nothing fits like an original part. Keep your eyes open for a pair in the classifieds section, or post a wanted ad. Just be careful on who you trust! Lots of scammers out there!!

yes, quite often a good original part is far better than a shiny new re-pop.

I have a set for my 69 from them, they fit and look good. Sorry for the bad luck. I did have to return one of them because you could see the copper and the chrome didn't come through in that spot.

Are yours plastic or pot metal?

This scares the f%^K out of me. I need some 70 Dart lenses. decided to go with new re pops . Must be careful I guess. Who's are the best?

well, I have the original tail lights in my Duster and they don't fit worth a damn. Sometimes that's just the way it is lol.

my dual snorkle scoop from them is a freakin joke. every year it warps and bubbles, always in differerent spots of course. never again from those boys!

Reading is Fundamental folks , it's been said a thousand times here -don't buy exterior chrome repop parts , they all come from the same factory and the chrome is crap . sorry you found out the hard way snake but rechroming is the way to go including bumpers .

Reading is Fundamental folks , it's been said a thousand times here -don't buy exterior chrome repop parts , they all come from the same factory and the chrome is crap . sorry you found out the hard way snake but rechroming is the way to go including bumpers .

Yep, agreed Chris. Thats why I always hunt for better originals. I have a small stash of chrome "smalls" for the 67 and 69 that Im saving my pennies for.

I supported PG in the past, I bought a lot of parts from them with no problems....
BUT, I no longer can support PG, not for the parts but how they treat Canadians in regards to shipping. Shipping within Canada is outrageous! I figure they could cut a deal.....nope...they wont even talk to me. I buy from the US and shipping is free with most vendors within the 48 states ( I pick up at the border when going down).....so, what's up within Canada PG is in Canada, at least offer the home town boys a deal! Hell, at 60 cents on the buck compared to US change at least give a deal on these Taiwan made drop shipped parts? Hummm maybe that's the issue, drop shipped from Taiwan....

I have a set for my 69 from them, they fit and look good. Sorry for the bad luck. I did have to return one of them because you could see the copper and the chrome didn't come through in that spot.

Are yours plastic or pot metal?

Pot metal

Might want to check on the price of plating, you may be shocked.

I recently responded to a local ad for some rechromed 69 Dart Taillights.

It was the owner of a chrome shop trying to sell some taillights that hadn't been picked up, There were the 2 "Dodge" hood/trunk badges and the two taillights, he needed $600 to break even, I told him that repops were avail for wayyy less, and suggested that's why the customer never returned.

I asked how much he'd take for them, and he said if he couldn't get $600, he'd rather throw them in the trash.

I left him my number in case he changed his mind, that was near a year ago, still waiting. shame really. oh well.

cheers

Restoring Pot metal is a *****. We tried on my dads one year only 1966 Coronet 500 trunk panel. One big piece of pot metal. Looked like it had chicken pocks. We got a hold of 2 of these and both were ruined trying to restore and re-plate them. He ended up shelling out $1200 for an original off a low mile stored car that still had some pitting. Plan "B" and we were heading down this path was for me to reverse engineer one I could machine, which would never look like the cast part. After this BS and looking at my original tail lights, hood inserts, etc.....I bought new and kept my originals.

In the end P&G doesn't make anything, they send stuff to China, they make the part and sell it to P&G to resell.

Restoring Pot metal is a *****. We tried on my dads one year only 1966 Coronet 500 trunk panel. One big piece of pot metal. Looked like it had chicken pocks. We got a hold of 2 of these and both were ruined trying to restore and re-plate them. He ended up shelling out $1200 for an original off a low mile stored car that still had some pitting. Plan "B" and we were heading down this path was for me to reverse engineer one I could machine, which would never look like the cast part. After this BS and looking at my original tail lights, hood inserts, etc.....I bought new and kept my originals.

In the end P&G doesn't make anything, they send stuff to China, they make the part and sell it to P&G to resell.

That's the problem in a nut shell!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry to hear Snake. I will keep my eyes pealed for you.

PG's stuff sucks. Fit is poor at best and the finish is weak.

I bought several things from them during my resto and I returned most of it as it didn't fit worth a damn. I only kept and used what they would not take back. Broken window cranks and improperly drilled fuel cap.

I ended up buying used parts in as good of condition as possible and restoring them the old school way.

I'm glad I did.

If you have no other choice but to jump off the cliff, then I understand why you would buy from them. If you can hold out and search for used OEM stuff then keep looking.

You'll be happy you did.

Its too bad for them,but there likely making millions anyway.I have bought from them in the past and it was good but now, why the hell would they send out parts that are crap.They have refunded half my money now as said the outer half when its in transit. Once bitten twice shy.

-
Back