-
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeeper

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking to put manual steering on my car. It is a 74 A body with p/s currently. I have the manual box already.

I need the adaptor piece to connect the column to the box.

Also, a known good mini-starter could be useful.

Shipping to zip code 97624.

I know I can get parts new, but I thought I would see if I could find parts on here and save a buck or two.

ROB

I got a brand new(used) min-starter for my 360 from a 89 Dakota 318 at the scrapyard for $40.Now that,s cheap!

That is the likely route that I will take. That and buying the flaming river adaptor kit.

But I thought someone may something on hand.

ROB

Anyone with a great deal on a mini-starter?

I am a ways from town and my work schedule is not so good right now.

I have a local mopar pal I can check with, but I thought I would look here too.

Thanks, ROB

BTW-steering piece is on the way here from Mancini's.

Here's a old Moparts post from Russg on the adapter
Don't pay Firm Fell $100 for their steering column adapter, You can get the parts to do the job at the boneyard. Look for an mid 70's Dodge Van, preferably a stripper Tradesman painted with a company logo. They were generally too cheap to put power steering on their fleet trucks but lucky for us now. Dodge finally got smart, and used the same steering column on both the p/s and manual steer vans. There's a coupler Extention on the manual box that looks alot like the Firm Feel. So what's the difference, you say. Well the van piece has both internal and external splines that match factory manual steering parts, both the shaft and the couplers. The Firm Feel one has enternal splines that match the power steering. Firm Feel says you don't need to buy a new manual steering coupler and claims that you save $55.
But that's nonsense,because you can have both parts of the junker.

I have a new Chrysler mini-starter for sale. It was just installed on an engine/trans combination for mock up on headers. It's never been hooked up to 12V nor has it ever engaged the convertor. I'd like to get $65 shipped to you. Let me know.

Ken
Edison, NJ
[email protected]

Mopar mini-starter.jpg

Jeeper

If you go to the Mopart's Tech Archive there is a post on the factory adapter that was available on mid 70's Vans that will adapt power steering to manual steering.

Hello Ken,

Barring unforseen circumstances I should be able to commit tomorrow to the starter. I need to call a local first.

Thank you, ROB

Hello Ken,

I sent out a USPS MO today at lunch along with two shipping address options that you can use to get the starter to me.

Thank you, ROB

Thanks Rob. I have the High School address on the box. Is that OK to use?

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back