P4120094 head gasket thickness

-

olei

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently purchased a set of Mopar Performance P4120094 head gaskets for use on my new engine build. These are said to be .026"-0.028" thickness compressed. Does anyone know the thickness of these uncompressed? The reason I asked is I measured mine and they seemed to avarage at a .044" thickness uncompressed and this seemed very thick to me. The gaskets I purchased are blue in color (forgot to take pictures of these, but they can be seen in the lower right corner: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/lirra/Dakota/318/DSC_0591_zps9cedfw6r.jpg).

Thanks,
Ole

Olei,

They should measure out at .041".

After compression, they should be at approximately 75% of their original thickness.

There's no way it will compress to .026" - .028"

I would say that they would compress to .040" - .042"

I have those same head gaskets. They are supposed to compress to .024-.028 thickness.

Mopar found it fit to use steel shim head gaskets from the factory. Thats what I use.

Thanks for all replies.

Has anyone ever measured these head gaskets before and after usage?

Was all your head gaskets blue as well?

I've done some searching, and from what I could find out it seems like Mopar Performance has used several suppliers of these gaskets. Earlier they seemed to be the same as Mr. Gasket 1121G? I did ask Accel Performance Group about their 1121G, and they told me that these head gaskets would measure .035" uncompressed, and .028" compressed.

P4120093 ....says they are suppose to be .024 to .028

Look at the Mr Gasket 1121G.... .024 to .028 also

Attachments

• Picture 785.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 428
What bore size are you useing them with?
I had them on a 4.100 bore & blew thru the fire rings on both heads in approx 150 passes.

Mitch: Who makes these steel gaskets? Gotta part number? What do you use?

Here are the ones I use
Mopar Performance P4286754 - Mopar Performance Steel Shim Head Gasket Sets

I did just realize however that these are for big block. But thats what I have LOl

My bore size is 3.940".

What head bolts did you use? Had the heads and block been decked?

These are the ones I have now.

ARP bolts, heads & deck surfaced.
You shouldn't have a problem on that bore size.

Ones I have. For some reason I did not mike the ones you are inquiring about. EDIT miked the 0094 steel shim gaskets in question (far right) & the fire ring is .041" & 4 &1/8" bore. Middle composition gaskets are 4" bore (three eighteen) and .055" miked fire ring. MORE EDIT The DC package with the 0094 gaskets on the far right, the person I bought them from wrote on the pkg that they are .024-028" compressed but no way as I miked the fire ring at .041"

Attachments

• head gaskets 001.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 333
miked these today (on the fire ring). The darker one (top/page 2) is a single mag gasket with 53021098 stamped on it (anybody know its app so I can grab another one?). its .057". Middle is the 0094 steel shim gasket with a 4&1/8" bore/.041" fire ring. bottom gasket is an OE chrysler # 2808984 with a 4" bore (three eighteen app) with a .055" fire ring

Attachments

• best head gaskets pic.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 333
It turned out I had to grind the cylinder heads to clear the pushrods, so I pulled them off and measured the Mopar P4120094 head gaskets that I had used. I measured at four places on each fire ring, and the thickness averaged .035".

I bought new Mr. Gasket 1121G head gaskets, and these looks identical to the Mopar gaskets:

I measured the uncompressed thickness of these and they averaged at .040".

I wasn't happy with the quality either, it had spots that was missing the coating:

-
Back