PA no title car wanting to buy- what to do??

-

john27pa

74 360/904 Duster
Reaction score
I am thinking of buying a 74 Charger. Problem is- no title. Before I hear all the- run away, don't do it, etc etc- can someone please tell me what is involved? Any sites to go to? Ive heard about a bonded title, affidavit from courthouse, and DMV. The guy gave me the vin number and the fender tag numbers. It all matches so far. Has told me that the police did a vin check and is all clear but I want to check myself.
I have doubts already so forgive me but Im not looking for opinions just help.

I am in PA as well. Go and get the police report on your own and you have to have it notarized. Get the bill of sale notarized. Then go through International Title service or Broadway Title service. Both have web sites. If you PM me I will try to help. I have done it 3 times now. It's not cheap about $300

I have a 2 door post that came with a convertible I bought and had shipped from New Mexico. The vert had a title and bill of sale, the post came out of a Mexico junkyard so all I have is a a bill of Sale. My title service said they can get it titled with just the Bill of Sale.

If it comes from out of state it is different than one already title in PA. I just did the one from Delaware for the Dart in my Avitar. He signed the title but did not notarize it. I did a tracing of the VIN and went to the AAA office and I got my title just yesterday. But if the car is registered in PA the guy who has the title has to go with you or have it notarized.

the guy with the title cant be found. The car was given to the sellers dad and the dad gave it to his son. So it has been awhile since anyone has seen a title. Car is in PA now and will stay titled in PA.

-
Back