package tray

-

crashcaptn

1965 Dodge Dart GT
Reaction score
I just received from Paddock a package tray (backorder for like, 3 months!) and i just test fitted it to see what i think.. it seems to not even fit! Theres a sticker on the back that says "66-65 Dodge Dart Package Tray" and another that says "Finest Quality" (even though the damned thing doesn't even fit)

Has anyone else had this problem? Or maybe I'm missing some random step?

Also of course, I ordered one with speaker holes drilled and i have no speaker holes. Anyone have measurements or suggestions for that (that is if i don't end up sending it back)?

thanks.

I bought one from Laysons last year for my 66 Dart and it was too big. It has a hump in the middle but looks much better than the green shag carpeting that was there before. I will trim to fit when I re-do the interior. (someday when I win the lottery LOL) Mike

I bought one from year one, it was to wide also. I took it to a trim guy, who cut an inch off of both sides. He then resewed the trim pieces back on. Mine was for a Dart Sport. I was replacing my OEM one because someone had cut holes for the speakers. I don't think there are any so-called quality parts out there, I almost always having to modify a part to make it work. I'm getting used to it.

thanks guys, glad to know im not the only one. Gonna drill some holes tonight for the speakers. Didnt someone do that reciently? I'm trying to find the post but cant. If anyone can link that here, lemme know

thanks!

I have one also from Year One, haven't tried to fit it yet. Have you considered SEM products for Vinyl. If the PT is too big, I'm going to try it on my ugly original (Olive Green) tray. If it looks half as good as the seats came out, I figure I'm ahead of the game :)

I had to replace mine in the Demon. I saw the prices and said I can do better. I used the old one as a template and cut a piece of 3/16 merantie board. I then used contact cement to attach a piece of black vinyl. Total cost = $15. As far as I'm concerned it looks great and is easier to keep clean.

Jack

Coyote Jack said:
I had to replace mine in the Demon. I saw the prices and said I can do better. I used the old one as a template and cut a piece of 3/16 merantie board. I then used contact cement to attach a piece of black vinyl. Total cost = $15. As far as I'm concerned it looks great and is easier to keep clean.

Jack

Hey, thats a great idea, I need a new one for my Swinger and was thinking of ordering one, but didnt really want to spend what they want so I was going to hold off. That sounds like a much better option! I was thinking of just doing an aluminum one the other night but was worried about glare, I think Ill do the same thing you did! Thanks for the idea! :thumbup:

A big reason i'm doing a package tray is to elimanate the glare from the back window and to hide the ugly speakers. I ended up cutting the tray and re-glued the trim back on.. sounds ghetto but looks pretty good and got what i needed done. Workin now on designing a speaker hole.. I'm going to do a series of small holes in the shape of the dodge symbol (the three triangles) on a 6X9 template. So far what we have on autocad looks pretty sweet. I'll post pictures eventually.

-
Back