Paint and primer?

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
As a few of you know I bought a 67 Formula S basket caselast Dec.I am getting ready to start on it in 2-3 weeks.I am hoping to have it in paint by November 2011.My question is what kind of primer and paint do you Guys recommend.I will probably use PPG base coat clear coat.I want to use good materials not junk.I believe you get what you pay for and I want the paint to last.I have a Uncle who has painted cars for the last 30 years so I will see what he has to say also.
The car was originally silver.I am thinking silver,black,dark blue metallic,or turquoise metallic.What do you Guys think?

Thanks Guys

Who has the turquoise 68 fastback on here?I can't find pics of it,I really love thae color on that car.john340fastback?

Search "Fastback340" car, it is a nice one!

Attachments

• DSC00001-vi.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 273
  • SANY0106-vi.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 267
Over the course of 25 years, I have used Dupont, Sikkens, House of Kolor, Martin Senyor BASF (RM), and PPG. Although I really like Sikkens the best, but it's a little more spendy.
For the majority of the 25 years I've been using PPG. It's user friendly, and it's good product. to me PPG is the best way to go. Just my opinion.

I have painted trunks,jambs,and engine bays and I have always used PPG.I have never painted a complete body so that is where my Uncle comes into place.

It better be right; epoxy is basically un-sandable. Sherwin williams and Dupont share the same paint.

PPG is what iI have alway used and i looks great and last for years.People still think my car has a new paint job and its over 10 years old.we used PPG 2k primer back then and it sanded well and helps with blocking real well

I have used the PPG Omni line for the epoxy primer. Works well and is not as expensive as the DP-XX line. It is what my supplier recommended.

I used PPG on my car and my brothers car.

Attachments

• P7110057.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 98
-
Back