• Match the car.

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters
-

75slant6

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, as some of you may know I'm trying to have my car driving by the Nats and I'm in the process of swapping in a carb'd 5.9 magnum. I've been debating about engine paint the last few days so I decided to post up a poll about it. Shall I....

A. Paint the engine, valve covers, intake, etc. etc. and make the engine look all nice?

Or

B. Clean the engine up, swap on my new, bare oil pan, new bare intake, somewhat bare front cover, faded black pulleys, red/blue brackets, faded red valve covers, black air cleaner, rusty headers, etc.

If it helps the engine bay of my car looks decent but the exterior metal has a lot of surface rust, couple different colors, interior will be a few different colors. So shall I leave the engine to sorta match the car or paint it up? I'll probably run the car like this for at least this year (probably longer) and will eventually strip the whole car down and blast it and a full rotisserie build on it and hopefully build a torque monster 5.9 to go in it.

Here's a pic of how the car looks...

View attachment image.jpg

Here's the 318 that was in it. If I don't paint the engine it would look similar to this, I'm reusing the valve covers, front cover, air cleaner, headers, water pump, pulleys, etc.

Put a match to the car.... (Like the title says at the end - LOL!) :D

Paint the engine. If you're going to put the time into it, make it look nice also.... :glasses7:

all depends on what look you are trying for.

Just trying to have it running, driving and road legal by the Nats! I'll post a pic up when I get the engine all together before I paint it (if I do) and see how it looks!

Cherry it out. It'll look tits when you pop the hood and stun the haters.

My vote is for paint, my car is red oxide scabbed together outside, but the engine and engine bay is painted and it's cool to pop the hood and see the diamond in the rough!

My biggest hang up with painting it? Idk if I'm gonna be able to get the dang thing clean enough for paint to stick!!!! Nastiest gas engine I've ever worked on!!! The VC gaskets and front and rear intake gaskets leaked I think!!

-
Back