Paint for bumper fillers on a 1974 Dart Sport

-

hawaiiandart

Reaction score
Anyone painted the plastic bumper fillers on a 1974-1976 Dart Sport/Duster rear bumper? Mine are silver but faded so can't really match the color well.

I was able to clean up the underside of one of my components on my '76 and had a paint shop color match the silver/grey. I've never liked when guys painted them body color.

One of my Dart Sport are painted silver while the other is grayish. Looking at a new car brochure it looks more like silver. I'll remove my silver one and clean it up and see if I can get a closer color from the undersides like yours.

Just took one of mine off and the backsides are black. Another one is gray and not silver and it's never been painted. What gives? I'm going to try some argent wheel spray to see what it looks like.

A couple weeks ago, I saw a set of NOS rear end peices on eBay that were black. The NOS ones I picked up were grey, as were the ones on my car.

Be careful of the type of paint you use to re-color yours as it should be forumulated for vinyl and plastic. My paint guy said these paints contain a flex agent so no cracks appear when used on flexible parts.

A couple weeks ago, I saw a set of NOS rear end peices on eBay that were black. The NOS ones I picked up were grey, as were the ones on my car.

Be careful of the type of paint you use to re-color yours as it should be forumulated for vinyl and plastic. My paint guy said these paints contain a flex agent so no cracks appear when used on flexible parts.

You're absolutely right. What was I thinking? Guess I'll try and look for some kind of interior paint. They would have a flex agent added. Thanks for your input.

-
Back