Paint in spray bomb

-

HemiPar

Reaction score
Hey all. GOOD FRIDAY MORNING. I have some info to share with ya'll.
While I have been on here getting info to paint my car I have seen lots of questions about haveing spray can paint for your color. So when I went to the paint store to get a high build primer for block sanding, I asked if they could put paint in spray cans for touch ups. She said that they cannot do that but we have this. The company is Preval and the product is Spray Gun. Its a 6oz glass bottle with replacable can of compressed air. The kit cost $7.95 and refills of air was 4.95. She said just mix your paint, pour into bottle and paint just like if you were using a reagular spray can of paint. I have not tried it yet but I should sometime soon, I HOPE. The website is www.prevalspraygun dot com.
I hope this helps others looking for the same info. Have a great day. Now I need to go and sand my arms off.

Attachments

• 100_4230a.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 632
i have just bought 2 of these kits to do my doorjambs and firewall. i havent used them yet as its too cold to paint right now. the man at the parts counter says that people are buying these things up as fast as they get them. i couldnt really find a perfect match to my gallon of petty blue in spray can so this kit should help alot.

That works ok for some paints but not all. If the paint requires a hardener you would need to add just drops to one cup or bottle at a time. They will mix a quart of what they call RTS ( ready to spray ) but it doesn't store well for long periods, especially after the can has been opened and closed a few times. Good luck with it

Yes but be sure your compressor doesn't have water or oil in it. If it does I assure you, you will be pissed after you paint something.

EDIT--

Just bought paint last week --

at SHERWIN WILLIAMS. Thats right...

they mixed up -=-in 5 minutes = a full size spray can (normal spray bomb) of 1970 Plymouth Vitamin C orange .

your choice of base/clear type -----or single stage.

it was $13 .

i touched up some BFH dents in my engine bay . took about 5 or 6 coats , but color matches great .

very pleased.

see my hedman post---its the paint on the shock towers

If you have a show car - Ignore this post

Just bought paint last week --

at SHERMAN WILLIAMS. Thats right...

they mixed up -=-in 5 minutes = a full size spray can (normal spray bomb) of 1970 Plymouth Vitamin C orange .

your choice of base/clear type -----or single stage.

it was $13 .

i touched up some BFH dents in my engine bay . took about 5 or 6 coats , but color matches great .

very pleased.

see my hedman post---its the paint on the shock towers

If you have a show car - Ignore this post

So can any Sherwin Williams mix up paint in a spray bomb?

Sherwin Williams can match MANY colors. Orielly's can as well, they both have a scanner type thing to match a hard to find color.

The best and only way to do blow in's is with a spray gun, spray bombs don't cut it .
Here's what i use .

Attachments

• IMG00038-20110316-2314.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 409
Sherwin Williams can match MANY colors. Orielly's can as well, they both have a scanner type thing to match a hard to find color.

Is the scanner attached to a desk or is it hand held? The paint on the inside of my doors is close, but slightly off of B7 blue. I'd like to be able to have them scan it so I can match my sail panels to my doors.

Some O'Reilly's Auto Parts sell paint. Here they will only mix according to the formula, no custom mix.
Dartman, sometime that is just to much or we want to paint something small...

-
Back