Painting consols

-

rgp266

Reaction score
I have what I am fairly certain is a '65 Dart center consol part number AADC 2581206 and under that number is MS-DA 262. It seems to be made of hard plastic with an embossed leather grain type of pattern. It is great shape, just needs to be painted. What material should I use? Vinyl Dye? Plastic model car paint? Krylon from the hardware store?
Thanks.....
Bob

I have what I am fairly certain is a '65 Dart center consol part number AADC 2581206 and under that number is MS-DA 262. It seems to be made of hard plastic with an embossed leather grain type of pattern. It is great shape, just needs to be painted. What material should I use? Vinyl Dye? Plastic model car paint? Krylon from the hardware store?
Thanks.....
Bob

SEM vinyl paint

Worked great on mine

Thanks, Tony. Is this material available in spray cans?
Bob

Yes it is. Any good automotive paint supplier should have it.

You can bet that someone over the years applied Armor All to the interior. This will raise hell with any paint product and most body and paint shops won't even allow the stuff in the building. It's an absolute necessity to completely clean the console before you paint to remove the stuff. Buy some Prep-all or similar product that's safe on vinyl.

http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/klean-strip-prep-all-wax-grease-remover-gsw362-p-14855.aspx

-
Back