Parking brake light? Emergency flashers? Standard in 66?

-

abgwin

Reaction score
Reading through the owner's manual on my 66 Barracuda, they show both a parking brake warning light and emergency flashers as standard equipment.

I have neither in place. Were they optional?

Anyone have a picture of them installed to share?

Thanks in advance.

I have not seen Emergency flashers on any 63 to 66 A body ....

I believe they could be ordered from the factory but both were in the option book. Cruise around this website. Lots of good info here. Click on Library in the left column. Then click on 1965-1969. In the 1966 column a little over half way down click on ordering information. I see the flasher option but not the park brake light. Have fun! http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/library-2.shtml

Reading through the owner's manual on my 66 Barracuda, they show both a parking brake warning light and emergency flashers as standard equipment.

I have neither in place. Were they optional?

Anyone have a picture of them installed to share?

Thanks in advance.

My information shows emergency flashers as a mandatory option for cars sold in NY in 1966. Never heard of a parking brake light for the early A-bodies as standard equipment or an available option.

I have an emergency flasher but no parking brake light that I know of....rarely use parking brake.

My 66 has the emergency flashers and I was told it was an option that year. The switch is at the bottom of the dash left of the steering column.

The flasher switch bezel looked just like the map light bezel but said "FLASHER" on it and was chrome plated. A 66 Dart GT I parted out years ago had this option. I did save the bezel, switch and wiring harness, which was a piggy back plug in to the steering column harness.

Re: the Emergency Brake light - In my factory literature I have a pad the dealer used for ordering accessories. It listed "Parking Brake Signal Light" for the Dart/Valiant/Belvedere/Coronet with part number 2291 664 and listed for a whopping $2.19. I've got 2 NOS kits and from the instruction, it appears it was dealer installed.

Thanks, everyone, for the info. I always like to have this kind of trivia stored up in my brain. It means I have no room for useful stuff, like work or taxes.

-
Back