Parking Pall Blues

-

Kent mosby

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My parking pall control rod snap ring has slipped again. I cannot find a replacement part anywhere. Does anyone have a source for it. If not, Any ideas on how to secure it so that it does not rotate and allow the control rod to fall off the plug and not activate the park. pic 3 is mine. Pic one and 2 are examples of bad and good. How can I get it to stay up?

clip.jpg

clip2.jpg

clip3.jpg

Almost looks like the control rod is bent incorrectly?

I'm not an automatic transmission guy so I don't really know, is there a way to reposition or adjust the location of that control rod any? Because really that snap ring isn't going to have a ton of holding power, it can act like a guide a little but it's not going to stop the control rod if the control rod puts any significant force on it when it's being activated

IF that's an interior piece, I'm not near an example, can you tap and screw a support under the opening to help support/retain the rod in proper location?

Necessity .

I did just buy one on eBay for that reason. I will compare the 2. I would not know how the check what is the correct orientation or which way to bend it .

-
Back