Parking windshield wipers

-

ken5124

65 Valiant Signet
Reaction score
Need your help.. on my 65 valiant, My wipers will not park at the bottom of the windshield.. The wipers move all the way to the bottom when they are on, but when turned off, they stop about a quarter of the way up..

Any one know what I have done wrong?

Thanks

Had the same problem with mine, but I had taken them apart to put in new gaskets. When I re-installed I connected the arms a half a turn out on the motor. Changed that they work fine now.:-D:-D:-D

i'M A LIL OPPOSITE ,THEY PARK AT THE BOTTOM BUT THEY STOP ABOUT RIGHT IN MY LINE OF SITE.AM I LOOKING AT REATTACHING THE ARMS INA DIFFERENT SPOT? kEN WHERE YA LIVE IN THE PEG?EVER GO TO THE PONY CORRAL? CRUISIN DOWNTOWN TOMORROW,HOPE IT DOESN'T RAIN.

DAVE

I had the problem on my 69, and running another ground took care of it. The ground ran from the wiper motor case to the firewall.

valentek

Is the spring inside the plastic cam supposed to move on the shaft.. Mine does, I don't thinlk I have an option on where to install the arm...
Even if i turn it on and off again, it goes to the same spot..

If I move my arm on the shaft, it will just bang on the bottom of the window

I think I will explore it somemore tonight..

DRENO... east kildonan... might hit the Selkirk show Sunday or at least
Tavern on regent Sunday night

Check and see if the motor is reversing when turned to off. The motor should reverse to park the wipers. If it is not reversing, check the ground wire from the motor to the which, (red or yellow, not sure which one) to the wiper switch. To reverse the motor, the switch provides a ground to the motor instead of the body and the parking cam should rotate the opposite direction which lengthens the connecting arm and pushes the wiper arms down to the bottom of the glass.

Took a close look at the service manual and my linkage and hook up and I had the parking cam reversed!

Sometimes I gotta look at the most obvious first.. DUH

Thanks for the all the input... Caused me to look it over real carefully.

DRENO, this may be your issue too.. !

-
Back