part # for 340/360 spool motor mount ?

-

krw340

Reaction score
Im working on a '74 scamp slant 6. Changing the K-frame out from a '73 318 Dart. I've already tried the schumacher slant 6- V-8 conversion mounts and didn't like the fit. Now Im putting the V-8 K-frame in and need to know if someone knows the part # of the 340/360 spool mount for the left side or can post a picture of one ? And can I use the 318 mount on the right side of the 340/360 ? Hope I posted in the right section (my first post) ? Thanks

What was wrong with the Schumacher swap kit? I'm getting set to order that same kit for myself ('73 Duster slant 6 to 360), and I'm curious. I know Schumacher makes replacement mounts for the spool mounts
http://www.engine-swaps.com/
Click on "Original V8 and R/RB Spool mount Replacements" on the left hand side.
Found from a friend, the 318 spool mount part number for the driver's side is #2326. but beware, the 318 and 340/360 used different mounts on the driver's side, the 318 is about an 1/8th of an inch wider than the bosses on the 340/360 blocks. Passenger side is the same.

What was wrong with the Schumacher swap kit? I'm getting set to order that same kit for myself ('73 Duster slant 6 to 360), and I'm curious. I know Schumacher makes replacement mounts for the spool mounts
http://www.engine-swaps.com/
Click on "Original V8 and R/RB Spool mount Replacements" on the left hand side.
Found from a friend, the 318 spool mount part number for the driver's side is #2326. but beware, the 318 and 340/360 used different mounts on the driver's side, the 318 is about an 1/8th of an inch wider than the bosses on the 340/360 blocks. Passenger side is the same.

The motor sits too close to the firewall. Cant fit my hand in to get bellhousing bolts started from top, had to cut off bottom wiper motor stud so I could turn MSD distributer. A stock dist. might not have this problem ? Also had to grind out the finned part of the wiper motor by the stud.
I want to use the V-8 K-frame just to see If I have the same problems. I just need the left motor mount for the 340/360 spool mount K-frame. Every mount I find looks just like the 318 mount I already have. Just looking for a part # , a pic to compare, or a source to purchase one.

you can use the 318 mount on the driver's side with a bit of a shim. Grade 8 bolts and a few washers, about an 1/8th of an inch worth. Just had a friend do that on their car.
Other wise the part number is #2326 for both mounts, the 318 and the 340/360. You just have to specify which one you need, because of the difference

you can use the 318 mount on the driver's side with a bit of a shim. Grade 8 bolts and a few washers, about an 1/8th of an inch worth. Just had a friend do that on their car.
Other wise the part number is #2326 for both mounts, the 318 and the 340/360. You just have to specify which one you need, because of the difference

Ok, I will specify for the 3rd time that I need the left (drivers side) spool mount for 340/360. I have a 3642818 and a 3642819 which I think are for a 318. If I can shim the 318 mount to make it work, I'll use it. Thanks

I just looked at my drivers side mount for my 340 and the only number I can find is 4001745. Or you can just shim it. I have done both. I used a large nut for a shim and painted it black. It looked like it belonged there. Hope it helps.

I just looked at my drivers side mount for my 340 and the only number I can find is 4001745. Or you can just shim it. I have done both. I used a large nut for a shim and painted it black. It looked like it belonged there. Hope it helps.

Thanks! I'll shim it.

-
Back