Part # for points with prestolite dual point distributor

-

kmabry

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a part # for points for 1969 barracuda 340 with Prestolite dual point distributor?
I'm having a hard time finding the correct one's they seem to be opposite of what I need.

Halifaxhops is thee distributer guy, and a Fabo member here. He may be able to help you.

Yep, @halifaxhops can fix you up with the right ones. 273's are different than the 340's and if the ones you are getting are backwards, the parts store is giving you big block ones.

Should be 2421173 for SB/LA 175 for B/RB

s-l225.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone have a part # for points for 1969 barracuda 340 with Prestolite dual point distributor?
I'm having a hard time finding the correct one's they seem to be opposite of what I need.
Rock Auto has them unless your looking for NOS

Rock Auto has them unless your looking for NOS
As long as you get the right ones. I bought points from 3 different parts stores/vendors and all were wrong. I wanted to convert a 66 dual point to Pertronix and I got 2 wrong ones there. I finally ended up sending the distributor to Pertronix for a match up. It seems there are a lot of mistakes in the applications. Possibly when they got switched to computer.

Yes there is also have to watch the quality, usually all the new ones have low spring pressure and a high fail rate on condensers.

As long as you get the right ones. I bought points from 3 different parts stores/vendors and all were wrong. I wanted to convert a 66 dual point to Pertronix and I got 2 wrong ones there. I finally ended up sending the distributor to Pertronix for a match up. It seems there are a lot of mistakes in the applications. Possibly when they got switched to computer.
ugh, Thanks, Funny that this post came up. I just pulled the cap on my 340 and found both points shot. Looked all over for a set and with a cap and rotor. Didn't buy them from Rock auto yet. Guess I'll try my NAPA store first.

ugh, Thanks, Funny that this post came up. I just pulled the cap on my 340 and found both points shot. Looked all over for a set and with a cap and rotor. Didn't buy them from Rock auto yet. Guess I'll try my NAPA store first.
At least you can bring a correct set along. NAPA gave me big block ones. :BangHead:

I have to pull the distributor anyway. There's what appears to be a bare terminated wire next to the condenser coming thru the base plate. Not sure wtf it's from or for.

Do you recommend a particular brand?
NAPA will have their house brand (Ecklin) Standard Ignition is pretty good. Borg Warner may still be around. Halifaxhops has a lot of good quality USA made brands.

I have to pull the distributor anyway. There's what appears to be a bare terminated wire next to the condenser coming thru the base plate. Not sure wtf it's from or for.
You'll have to post some photos. The breaker plate had a exposed ground and the condenser's has a strip and not a wire.

At least you can bring a correct set along. NAPA gave me big block ones. :BangHead:
lol, my NAPA store here is old school inside, not like the new stores. This guy actually looks like he works and doesn't wear a shirt matching his partner. I've only lived here a short while and just found it. Purchased my plugs the other day from him and he actually said 340, not 5.6!!!

You'll have to post some photos. The breaker plate had a exposed ground and the condenser's has a strip and not a wire.
Will do, was going to when I pulled the cap but never thought this post would show up.

Ground for the plate. You need that. Sent you a PM

lol, my NAPA store here is old school inside, not like the new stores. This guy actually looks like he works and doesn't wear a shirt matching his partner. I've only lived here a short while and just found it. Purchased my plugs the other day from him and he actually said 340, not 5.6!!!
You might stand a chance. They might have to get out the book! LOL

LOL you need it also? Here it is.
Standard AL-5255p

ch-4
a-102 delco

I have some I can spare in standard if you need points and condenser NORS from the 70's
Ray

LOL you need it also? Here it is.
Standard AL-5255p

ch-4
a-102 delco

I have some I can spare in standard if you need points and condenser NORS from the 70's
Ray
Now I wish I would have stockpiled Filko parts. I used to set the shops up with a cabinet full of parts.

-
Back