Part number for heater hose fitting on smallblock?

-

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I need to order the fitting that the heater hose connects to on the intake manifold on a smallblock, particularly a 340....the dealer has no idea what im talking about, so i would be a lot better off with a part number to give them to see if they have the fitting available...if anybody has the mopar number, or knows of a number for the fittin from somewhere else please share as i am going to need it real soon

thanks!
Matthew

Look in the MoPar performance catolog for the part and number,

OH wait, I miss read, I read in my head the part was the hose. The fitting can be had at Home DePot or Lowes, Ace hardware stores etc.........

yea its not in the catalog and the dealers books only go back to certain years which arent very early models....where can i find a heater hose fitting at home depot for an intake manifold? i guess in the heater hose seection?

Hey Matthew,

Are you talking about the heater hose or bypass hose??? As stated before you can get these fittings at Depot, Lowes etc. The fittings in the intake are pipe thread, just need the hose size on the other end. Take a piecew of hose with you to match it up. If memory serves me, the intake is 1/2" pipe and the bypass is 5/8" NPT.

Bob

I yanked the heater hose fitting off an old intake,for the bypass hose I hit the plumbing section in Home Depot.

yea its not in the catalog and the dealers books only go back to certain years which arent very early models

The earlier MP catologs sold the fittings, and I don't mean old *** ones ethier.

....where can i find a heater hose fitting at home depot for an intake manifold? i guess in the heater hose seection?

Where is the smiley slapping his head silly.

PLUMBING!!!!!!!

hey guys, i think you are getting confused here...im not talking about the water pump bypass fitting as i know that it is pipe thread....im talking about the fitting for the actual heater hose itself that is on the intake manifold...or maybe im the one who is confused here?

Mshred,go the scrapyard and grab one off of a 318 Dakota.Plenty of them around.Just trying to help,sounds like your almost there!(completeing)

unfortunatly there arent any v8 daks in the yard rite now...there was a v8 5th ave but the peice was stuck for life lol...its coming along man, slowly but surely...havent posted any updates here for a while since ive been busy with it...not sure if im even going to drive her more than a couple times this year, and thats probably gonna be in the fall, but next year she will be out for sure with a little surprise added too! lol

-
Back