Status
Not open for further replies.

DionR

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Contact seller
Parting a 1963 Valiant Signet 200
Car is located in Davenport, WA, zip 99122.
I can take PayPal or money orders.
No idea on prices of anything, shoot me an offer.

It's going to the crusher this Saturday. Just figured I would throw it out there in case someone saw something they needed before it was gone. Not much time, but better than not saying anything, I guess.

Let me know if you see something you need, or just want to know if it is still there.

FYI, no seats or interior, car was mouse infested to the extreme so everything soft went in the trash several years ago.

P1010001.jpg

P1010002.jpg

I need one door threshold trim (will check L or R, forgot) and an emergency brake assembly (really need just the handle & a cable retainer). Would you take $20 and I pay shipping to 95864. The slow boat is fine. Can you post photos?

that thing would be sick layed out and tubbed

I was going "Pro-Touring", trying to make a decent daily driver, but it is just to rusty and the Duster is in so much better shape. The suspension will live on in the Duster, maybe even the R154 I have for the car.

Valiant068-1.jpg

Lots of good Parts!! I would save as much as you can, it will sell

I will probably save some, but I just don't have a place to story anything else and I really don't want to be lugging stuff around for years hoping it will sell.

I still don't get why cars in this shape are being sent to the crusher, but whatever. That hood trim is pretty neat, I haven't seen that before.

I still don't get why cars in this shape are being sent to the crusher, but whatever.

I would love to save it, but I have neither the resources to do so, nor the space to store it until I do. You are looking at pictures of my garage, FWIW.

I figure it would take $1700 to buy the sheetmetal to fix the back of the car, add to that the cost of welding supplies and time to fix it, and I am way past the cost of buy a car in much better shape. Then add the cost of floors and fixing whatever will be found under the A-pillar, and I just don't see it being reasonable.

I can keep either the 4 speed Duster 360 that needs only paint, or the Valiant that needs everything, but not both. Seems reasonable to say good buy to the Valiant. Not an easy choice, I really like the car and had fun plans for it, but it just didn't work out.

I would love to save it, but I have neither the resources to do so, nor the space to store it until I do. You are looking at pictures of my garage, FWIW.

I figure it would take $1700 to buy the sheetmetal to fix the back of the car, add to that the cost of welding supplies and time to fix it, and I am way past the cost of buy a car in much better shape. Then add the cost of floors and fixing whatever will be found under the A-pillar, and I just don't see it being reasonable.

I can keep either the 4 speed Duster 360 that needs only paint, or the Valiant that needs everything, but not both. Seems reasonable to say good buy to the Valiant. Not an easy choice, I really like the car and had fun plans for it, but it just didn't work out.

No worries, I just know how scarce these are in my area, that's all. What about selling it as a parts car to someone?

I'm good with selling it as a parts car, but didn't figure anyone would want it. You want it? Make me an offer. ;-)

Trick is, it's on a trailer that isn't mine and has no suspension under it. I could probably get it off, not sure how I would get it back on.

Replied to all.

Here are some more pictures, in case someone sees something they need.

P1010026.jpg

P1010025.jpg

P1010027.jpg

P1010028.jpg

I know one of the spokes is cracked and separated, don't know about the rim though. Do you want a picture?

how are the tail light and backup light lenses? I heard they can be a ***** to separate from the housing though.

I've got pictures of those, but can't get them to you right now. As I recall, the tail light lenses are ok, but one of the reverse lights is cracked. Can't say they are great, though. I will send those pictures on to you when I send you a picture of the steering wheel.

Got good pics of the bumpers? They look pretty rust free and straight. What do you think shipping would be to 29412, Charleston, SC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back