Parting out 70 Dart grandmother special

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the class on restorations,but your math doesnt add up.

If you were closer I would take that car off your hands,and make a nice car out of it.You even said how clean and straight it is.

The botom line is GREED. You think the car is worth more in parts,than to sell it complete.Happens all the time with perfectly good,rebuildable cars.
Sad but true.

Just a little reminder....They are not making these cars anymore.

Good luck with your sales.

You can call it greed if you like,I call it economic reality.If the car was worth saving it would have been saved but it's just not worth it as it needs rust repair in quite a few places around the back wheels and underneath.Also,the previous owner pulled the 318 for his other car so I bought it less engine so it was already a parts car when I got it.

Personally,I'd rather see the parts used on more desireable cars that people are restoring rather than stay on a rusted 4 door that would be most likely used for a daily driver beater until it's trashed or crashed.
On that note,I have'nt had one parts inquiry for someone restoring a 4 door.

upper control arms? Passenger side is bent; wheels won't align

Kickdown middle linkage, the long rod with the clip on one end and ball socket on the other?

Thanks for the class on restorations,but your math doesnt add up.

If you were closer I would take that car off your hands,and make a nice car out of it.You even said how clean and straight it is.

The botom line is GREED. You think the car is worth more in parts,than to sell it complete.Happens all the time with perfectly good,rebuildable cars.
Sad but true.

Just a little reminder....They are not making these cars anymore.

Good luck with your sales.

Johnny...I've seen the car....it wasn't worth trying to restore. Take my word for it. It's got more rust in crazy places than you can imagine....and I'm not defending the seller because I know him. The body work bill would be 3 times what the cars' worth when done. You would need another parts car to restore this one! The parts will help keep many other RESTORABLE cars on the road. besides, how many 4 door Darts were built...a gajillion...this is just one that wasn't taken care of too well.

I'm interested in the mirrors, what condition are they in? could you take photo's? Also I'd like to have front hood "Dodge" script, maybe we can work a deal. PM me.

Yea, when it comes to keeping a watchful eye on those who just chop to flip, I'm always the first to bark. But in this case: first off it's a 4 door and there were a gajillion made, second and most importantly, this car is being respectfully sacrificed to the mopar wolves here in the den and everyone is being offered a chance to have a bite. (AND EVERYONE HERE APPEARS TO BE DOING SO)

So let's be happy he didn't think "hey scrap money" and took the time to break this car down and ship these 41 year old parts out to all of us scavengers in the first place. If he just cut up a 70 340 car, yes I would light my pitchfork first and WILL if ever such blasphemous events were to occur. [side note: anybody with 70 dart swinger side molding trim please let me know. It's the whole reason I showed up in this thread. I don't have the money for the lead work this month due to... well watch the news you'll figure it out.] haha, anyway thanks again guys and seriously, leave the poor guy alone.

Yea, when it comes to keeping a watchful eye on those who just chop to flip, I'm always the first to bark. But in this case: first off it's a 4 door and there were a gajillion made, second and most importantly, this car is being respectfully sacrificed to the mopar wolves here in the den and everyone is being offered a chance to have a bite. (AND EVERYONE HERE APPEARS TO BE DOING SO)

So let's be happy he didn't think "hey scrap money" and took the time to break this car down and ship these 41 year old parts out to all of us scavengers in the first place. If he just cut up a 70 340 car, yes I would light my pitchfork first and WILL if ever such blasphemous events were to occur. [side note: anybody with 70 dart swinger side molding trim please let me know. It's the whole reason I showed up in this thread. I don't have the money for the lead work this month due to... well watch the news you'll figure it out.] haha, anyway thanks again guys and seriously, leave the poor guy alone.

Agreed. On the other hand, regarding 'a gajillion 4 doors', I would definitely say I've seen WAY more 2 doors out there than 4 doors these days ;)

i'll take the arm rests if you still have them. how's $25 + shipping?

I'm interested in the antenna set up. I need all of it, do you have this for sale?

Greg

Hi, some small stuff needed for my car. Does this car have a trunk emblem on it that appears just like the one on the hood? If so what is the condition of the trunk emblem and the hood emblem? I am looking for good wiper and headlight switch knobs and the finish nuts that hold the switches to the dash as well. There is other stuff but these parts I listed are most important first off. Thanks!!
Chas

Attachments

• new car pics 015.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 218
  • new car pics 046.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 215
Hello sir, wondering if the red passenger rear marker lense is not cracked. I don't need the whole bezel just the plastic lense. How much would you like for it? Thank you.

Chris

(btw, I'm still behind you on the parting out. For others to live, some must be sacrificed. That's just nature.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back