[WANTED] Parts for SB 727

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an inspection cover for you. Straight & painted black, $20usd plus the ride. The one you need is the one on the right side of the picture . Do you need anything else?

Converter Dust Shields.JPG

You might want to check and see if there is a different flexplate for internal vs external balance 340. If not you might end up with the wrong one. Cast crank 340 is external balance. I cant remember for sure but I do know the aftermarket B&M has a different part number for the external balance piece.
I dont run stock flexplates anymore. I have seen them break before. The solid B&M ones are bullet proof.
They repro the covers now and they are reasonably priced. Fill tubes are tough to find used, always seem to be missing. I have several trans that are missing the fill tubes.

You might want to check and see if there is a different flexplate for internal vs external balance 340. If not you might end up with the wrong one. Cast crank 340 is external balance. I cant remember for sure but I do know the aftermarket B&M has a different part number for the external balance piece.
I dont run stock flexplates anymore. I have seen them break before. The solid B&M ones are bullet proof.
They repro the covers now and they are reasonably priced. Fill tubes are tough to find used, always seem to be missing. I have several trans that are missing the fill tubes.
Mopar balanced their externally balanced engine by weights welded onto the torque converter. All sb 727 flexplates are the same

Hmm, I wonder why B&M sells a cast crank 340 specific flex plate. Maybe its so you can run a zero balance converter with the cast crank...dunno.

Parts for a small block 727, 340 engine

Flex plate
Inspection cover
Fill tube and dipstick

Thanks'
Ken
Ken, texted you the other day, found you a like new flex plate. Give me a call. Thanks, Paul
RLTW

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back