Parts help needed

-

tomt966

Reaction score
Can't find this part on my 68-70 CD. Lets see how to 'splain this. 68-70 Dart, drum brake. ... at the top of the rubber brake hose on the front spindle is a bracket..... above the bracket is a curled metal line that goes to the back of the wheel cylinder....its like a transition line from the rubber hose to the wheel cylinder. Can anyone help with a part number or anything?? Need the lines bad Thanks, Tom

I wished I could help you out but I can't place it in my head. I threw away a lot of stuff like that when I installed disc brakes on the front.

bump

The rubber brake hose screws into the wheel cylinder. The other end of the rubber hose is mounted in the frame bracket. The only steel lines run from the brake hose to the distribution block mounted on the drivers side frame rail on the engine side.

George

This is the only thing i could find... but u r right.. not much detail in the manual or parts book

68 dart brake system.jpg

Here is a pic of the hose. The metal tube fits at the bracket and goes to the wheel cylinder

getimage.JPG

my 66 coronet has the steel tubes coming out of the wheel cylinders they are straight with one bend i believe and they came installed on my new bendix wheel cylinders. maybe someone used early wheel cylinders

ill go out and look on my 70' tomorrow and let you know as i have not converted my brakes over just yet so its still set up with the drums.

I'll look and see what I've got. I know I had some of that stuff around....

In the 30+ years I've been messing with Mopars I don't think I've ever seen that setup. I don't think that was on my 60 Valiant.

but I've slept AND changed my socks since then

you got the four piston disc brakes?,Ive seen this but will check tomorrow I have a bodies from 63 to 73 except for 69.......anybody got a 69 a body that is fixable for sale???????I know I seen this before......got a spring lookin thingie wrapped around it,pretty sure it's kelsey hayes stuff and has a lil bracket that attaches to the lower balljoint bolt(don't crucify me if i'm wrong or I'm leaving)I'm getting old but stupid can't be fixed.......=)

Classic Tube in Lancaster, N.Y. has everything you need. Call 1-800-882-3711 they are real helpful and don't mind answering your questions. I spoke with Mike Vacanti in July of 2007. He was very knowledgeable.

Can't find this part on my 68-70 CD. Lets see how to 'splain this. 68-70 Dart, drum brake. ... at the top of the rubber brake hose on the front spindle is a bracket..... above the bracket is a curled metal line that goes to the back of the wheel cylinder....its like a transition line from the rubber hose to the wheel cylinder. Can anyone help with a part number or anything?? Need the lines bad Thanks, Tom

What year is your car , what size drums , 9" or 10" ? I don't remember seeing a line like that on my 69 with 10" front drums ???

Dude, a little late to the thread, sorry.

I got that at autozone brand spankin new.

Here is a pic of the hose. The metal tube fits at the bracket and goes to the wheel cylinder

Nope I didn't have that anyways... that's first time I have ever seen that before. Most of the time that ends just screws in the wheel cylinder... huh??

it on 9" drum brakes right ...... that little line is a real pain in the a## i had to take it lose from the hose take the cyc out vice grip the end of the line an turn the cyc to get mine off . i look for a while an never found them so i just rev the way i took it apart . havent had any problems so far been 2 yrs .i even try to make one .....the laugh was on me .... tryed benders a small piece of pipe to wrap it around numinous other things . good luck

-
Back