parts only restoration. no car work, yet.

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
ok, so, i just scored a ton of stuff, and a 71 340 duster. i want to start a restoration thread of just parts. there are alot of car threads, but i figured that i would restore some parts, collect them, and have them ready for my duster.

here is the factory rally dash out of the duster, and i have another frame, but did not want to take the numbers off of the original dash, and then have to glue the tag on another one. so i decided to fix what someone started.
here is the dash. it had a rust spot, and someone sanded it down, cut out the rust area, and left it.
i had to use a good dash out of another car, but was not a rally dashframe.

it was tricky getting the erxact piece cut out, as they did not cut it square with anything.lol

finished in epoxy primer tonight, and will paint it black tommorow.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 435
  • 013.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 431
  • 012.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 430
  • 010.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 427
  • 009.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 437
  • 008.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 419
  • 007.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 418
  • 006.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 427
  • 005.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 421
  • 004.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 416
Looks like fun to me :hello2:, I sure miss having tools and my own shop :neutral:.
Looking good 340plot :thumbrig: One step at a time and enjoy :color:

$18 for new vin rosettes would have saved you some time

$18 for new vin rosettes would have seaved you some time

well, you see. i do not have fender tag or build sheet for the car. it is a 340 car, and it has the factory hole in the beat up dash, showing it had the reverse light. so, with all the other proof like the body numbers matching the dash, it is easier to prove it a real 4-speed car with the number not touched, and with the factory hole for the reverse light.

alot of people say it does not matter, and they are right, but since it is what i believe, then i will try to stick to the origionallity of the car. what i guerss a bare bones 340-4 speed wwould of had.

well, as you know, i had a rally setup for sale on here last week, and a guy bought it and then backed out, so i decided to keep it, and sure enough, I NEEDED IT, and it is a 71 style to boot! more pics. enjoy.

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 341
  • 018.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 329
  • 017.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 344
  • 016.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 334
  • 015.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 338
  • 014.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 336
well, here is the entire thing finished, with the harness that i got with the car now all fixed up correctly, and put on. also, i did not have a rally dash heater control, so i had to modify a non rally type. turned out great! also got dashpad on.

now, all i have to find is the chrome piece for the glove box door! anyone???????????????????lol

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 302
  • 021.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 303
  • 020.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 311
well, thanks to barracudakid, as he has a finish panel for the glove box door for me!. going to get it in the am

really nice work. I have to rebuild my car panel. but my case is much more simple.. just have to weld 2 small holes and paint it

ok, so, now after picking up the glove box door trim brom barracudakid, i was able to get one that had great chrome, but i had to melt the fish off it, and then heat-knifed it smooth. so now no more fish!.

hey eddie (barracudakid), thanks for all the parts i have been gwetting from you, at great prices.
so, here is the dash completly completed.lol

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 254
  • 002.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 249
  • 003.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 246
yea, but always seem to need more time.lol hmmmmmmmmm, now what part should i do next.lol

Looks good.
I am doing the same thing with my car, one part at a time.

^^^^^^ that is the best way to do it!, sometimes.lol

now do not get me wrong. i will be building the fc7 dart in a few days, but all these parts i am restoring are for a personel car of mine.

but i still need to keep the cashflow going.lol

I hear you, sometimes I restore a part, then change my mind and not use it.
Like this OD trans I just completly rebuilt, changed my plans and am going to use a straight 4-speed.
Have you seen this shifter before? (after some minor adjustments it works great)

1000215e.jpg

Plot what kind of paint did you use? I am thinking about using Rustoleum black on my dash.

Outstanding job refurbishing, building and painting this dash 340plot :cheers:
You should be very proud of your skills and time on this repair =P~

GREAT JOB !!!!! from this to the finished product :cheers:

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 192
  • 003.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 192
-
Back