"Pass Time" Anyone?

-
I ran mine last night Tom. It ended up doing a 15.6 at 86 through stock manifolds. I did take the AC stuff off though before I went.

I'll bet you hit the mid 14's somewhere. When are you going?

My old 73 dart sport with a worn 318, 600 Holley, headers, shift kit and 2.76 gear would run mid 15's. A guy with a 70 swinger 318 with 3.55 gears was in the mid 14's. I'll say mid 14's.

Guys, guys, guys............. I have to submit a grand ol' apology, since due to circumstances too good to refuse, I sold the Demon...........The thread has been quiet for a few days due to the negotiations..........

We did not get to the track before the sale, although I wanted to pretty badly...........Sold it to a retired gentleman in Melbourne on the opposite coast.....he bought it sight unseen, and paid for the delivery.......he's tickled...........

SORRY..........we'll never know what it would have run in the quarter, BUT we'll do it again with the next project..............

Thanks to you guys, as always...........The site is great, and you guys make it that way.

Doc (If anyone is curious as to the deal I made, pm me......) :-D:-D

I believe I saw were a guy was bragging how fast his Demon was on another site. If I'm not mistaking he was from Melbourne.

I feel TERRIBLE...............the garage is so empty..............Croiky........

I gotta bring the little Cuda down from NY or something............I'll go batty without a project.........:dontknow:

tom your killing me. i thought that the demon was your pride and joy? what cuda are you talking about? you NEED a project, or at least if its done, a car to get in on the weekends and forget about m-f life. keep us posted.

I didn't bring the 67 Cuda down from NY yet....instead, I picked up a Dart Sport 360 with a 727 and 8-1/4 posi 3.55.........Have some bugs to work out like balancing the driveshaft, and converting the "shifter from hell" to a nicely fabricated Hurst pistol.

I tore out the interior today, and got ready to cut the hole for the shift mechanism and reverse lock-out plates.....tricky fabrication, bit it's gonna shift slick and smooth, with no levers or gadgets to pull...got a brand new Hurst pistol (71 style handle)........I'll be welding it up after vacation this week.

The valve train is very noisy at first start up, and for about 30 seconds or so...don't like it.....I think it's the high volume oil pump......too much......my Ford Truck did the same thing..........

The car has a little racing history, and has all the goodies, except an 8-3/4 which I'd rather have back there....BUT, it's a mean little critter.......gets easy rubber out of second at a little over half throttle........has a stall, about 2500 it feels like.........nasty shift kit........Pretty nice.

I'll post some pics in a different thread as it progresses, and show the shifter conversion too.......I've wanted to do this forever........finally said enough, and bought the parts........It's a combination of a B&M setup and Hurst handle, with a custom fabricated reverse lock-out.

Later.................. (So, what do you think on this one....12's? 13's?)

1974 360 w/ Edelbrock intake, Holley 650..... No A/C.....Stock manifolds to dual 2.5's, turbo mufflers........727 2500 stall, modified shift..... 8-1/4 3.55 posi.......10" footprint street radials........true ram air.

Probably won't do a time trial for another month or so, but it's going as soon as I get the shaft balanced and put the interior back in.....Can't wait. 8)

where are the pics???? you can't talk about a new car and deprive us of pics! it sounds like a beast!

-
Back