Passenger side door mirror 73' Dart Custom?

-

Mike's Dart

Dodging The Negative Darting Toward The Positive
Reaction score
My 1973 Dart Custom Four Door has the mirror on the driver's side door, but no mirror on the passenger side door? Did they come from the factory that way? Just curious!

Mike

It was special order. They do remake the mirror if your looking to add it.

Thanks! Who are the folks that remake the mirror? I think it would add a little class to an already classy old car! Thanks again!
Mike

Considerations... A new bright chrome mirror on one side could look worse than no right mirror. Depends on what the left mirror and rest of the car looks like.
A used OEM right mirror should look more original but those are very rare.

Considerations... A new bright chrome mirror on one side could look worse than no right mirror. Depends on what the left mirror and rest of the car looks like.
Agree. They do come up on here maybe a couple times a year. I got one off ebay after months of watching and then had to find new glass it was missing. But, as Redfish said, I did not want to have that one super shiny, obviously added new mirror.

I found a repop at Carlis
DSC00707.JPG
le a few years ago.

If you get one make sure the vent window opens before you mount it, think it is a bit father back then the drivers side.

You guys with no vent windows have it made. The furter back it is placed the more chance uou have that the mirror glass won't adjust far enough in to sight down the car. Mine is as at its limit.
12898148_1139640716049196_4043956533109596997_o.jpg

Mine is also TMM. It was fun to figure out alone when sitting in the drivers seat.

The passenger side does have a built in tilt to the housing. So, on mine I set it same as driver side. I can see where the vent window pushes you back to the mirror being fairly useless. Even on mine the view is quite limited. most modern passenger mirrors are curved for more view.

Wonder what the factory distance was? I have never seen one factory installed.

I have a template I cut off of a parts car door and centered it about where the DS mirror is. I measured a few times and only drilled once.

You know, I was on my way home this afternoon and in all honesty, I don't think a mirror on the right side would look right from the driver's seat, so I'm going to leave it as is!

-
Back