Passenger side mirror?

-
Just to enlighten... There was a right hand remote control mirror too. It was used on the right hand drive builds. It had the same shallow bowl as our left hand mirror too. That one is the rarest of them all.
I used the guts from one of those to build a custom long cable right door remote mirror. Parts from three different mirrors were used to build the one.
Yes I have one. I haven't had the guts to drill a hole in my door for the control though! Quote from post 13 above: "I have a remote mirror for my Swinger If I want to install it. Bought it from @slantsixdan. It's from a export car. (right hand drive)"

My control wand is mounted right beside the ignition switch in identical bezel. Lots of holes req'd to get there. One of a kind dash for sure. LOL

DeMonDIN  02.JPG

Just to enlighten... There was a right hand remote control mirror too. It was used on the right hand drive builds. It had the same shallow bowl as our left hand mirror too. That one is the rarest of them all.
I used the guts from one of those to build a custom long cable right door remote mirror. Parts from three different mirrors were used to build the one.
KICK ***, WHAT CABLES DID U USE ?

The right mirror from a 87 Grand Fury. There's a thin piece of steel that positions the controller in the Furys dash. That piece was placed behind the 67 ignition switch bezel.
There were long cable mirror for C-bodies, etc.., but that thin piece to adapt the control wand in a different shape/round hole is req'd. I wouldn't know what other applications include that piece.

Right side mirrors on or old cars are more for looks, style... Back decades ago when I had E bodies, the right side mirror was treasure. Unique. On some models of our old mopars, right mirrors are same as left, some unique.
I just tell the wife to stick her head out her window and make sure I can get over without wrecking our ***!!

there is two 67 barracudas here and two different mirror locations from the factory. One the vent window hits . the other is behind the vent window and it don't. Mirror locations match left to right. . I also had left and right manual sport style mirrors on a 69. No cables on either. My neighbor who gets most of the Barracuda parts kept them. The have factory bases but the whole mirror moves as the cheap manual style.

They did some weird things in those years. Like a 68 dash frame in a 67 car with a thumb wheel radio. No lower pads and no vin on dash. But it is a factory thumb wheel frame. One thing I learned over the years is never say never on these cars.

Something I learned when a member lou was here for a 68 radio bracket was. 68's had fiber optic ash tray lights . In all my years I never took notice to one on a 68. But I really never looked for one.

I think i mentioned to you about the 67 you had w the 68 rallye dash frame. Struck me as odd. Ma Mopar still did that stuff up into the late 80s. I have a 1988 daytona shelby z with a factory air bag. They were not standard equipment until 1989. However my 88 a late built car has the wiring serviced in the factory harness, trip sensors, air bag wheel, air bag column, and a sticker on the K frame stating wheels need to be pointed straight ahead before steering wheel removal because of the airbag install. Nothing in my 1988 FWD FSM mentions anything about this, how to take it apart, service it etc.and theres nothing in the wiring schematics for it. There is an after the fact factory service manual suppliment that was printed with about a dozen pages in it for this i believe in late 1988, early 1989.

I bet the 68 rallye dash in the 67 was because it was a late built car. They ran out of the 67 stampings and went with it as part of the changeover to the 68 model.

I have seen rallye dashes in plain jane 68 valiants too. There was a strike at the factory making the standard dash, so to keep the assy line moving they stuck rallye dashes in valiants. Came out with a service manual suppliment to address this change to some valiants.

Last edited:
-
Back