Passon 4 speeds

-

rrvolare

19Swinger69
Reaction score
I was looking on there website... I am assuming they build and all aluminum 18 splinr ... 4 speed trans.... that bolts in with NO modifications?
Has anybody bought one ?
Reason i want to go this route ... don't really need 5 speeds in my area ...
Pros/Cons?
Thanks

The passon 4-speed overdrive 833 is a fine product. You can get the gear setup to fit into your existing 833 or you can get a complete all new ready to install setup. It's a nice overdrive unit with a better ratio spread than the factory overdrives.

You can not go wrong with a purchase from Passon Performance. My dealings with Jamie in the past have all been good. Good products and good service.

I ordered a Passon 4 speed HEMI overdrive conversion gear set. It arrived yesterday but I have to pick it up after customs have released it.
I will keep you all posted on how the conversion goes if there is enough interest .
Cheers. Gaz

I've installed several of Jamie Passon 4 speeds. No fuss straight bolt in.Great people too.
We are soon starting a 64 Belvedere build and will be using his 4 speed. Yes I'm with you that the 5 speed really isn't nessary(for our build) as the owner is in south western Pa. We fell that you run out of road after the 2-3 shift because of the twisty/hilly roads.You have to let off to make that turn or slow to see over the hill.Then hit 4th and cruise....

My Valiant has a Passon built 4 speed in it. Shifts super smooth. The guy knows what he is doing.

I bought one of his aluminum A-833 cases and a side cover.No problems.At a later date, I bought a 3.09low/direct 4th gearset from him. It was exactly as he described it, and is still in the car to date. That was a few years ago. Second gear brass is getting tired though. Oh wait, it was my brass,my syncros. He is definitely a good guy to deal with. I wish him all the best.

thanks guys... i have talked to Jamie several times and he is a VERY knowledgeable individual and answered all my questions ,,,, i will be calling him today to order a complete trans ...

-
Back