Passon Performance 5-speed

-
are you having a problem, or imagining a problem,lol?

I have no experience with strokers and no experience with a cam that big.
And I cannot imagine that in an A-body on the street.
I imagine you'll be fine, cuz I imagine you'll have plenty of Dcr.

The only thing wanky about that combo, is probably it should be an automatic, cuz I don't see how you could keep up shifting it at WOT. LOL.... unless maybe you skip second and fourth.......or unless you have figured out a way to make it hook.

Oh I'm just tugging on yer chain a bit,lol

Last edited:
It appears based on the website link you can order a mopar 855 5 speed right now through this website? If that is the case why is there still such a waiting list through Passon Performance?

I talked to them at Carlisle and they were waiting on parts , they did have the parts for some early B-bodies 69 and back they were building.

The website says they have 3 B-body and 8 A-body transmissions in final testing that should be ready to go.

Call them and see if they really have them in stock. It's not Passon's site so I kinda wonder. By the way did you ever get to the track in Douglas before it shut down? I have family there.

Should have one on my door step any time now. B-body that is.

I was looking at his 5 speed @ Carlisle last month . It's a sweet setup . Anyone have a extra A body reverse linkage ? I need onr to put my A833 in my 67 Fastback .

Jamie & his crew are Awesome people , & down to earth like us. I spent an hr talking to Ryan & Jamie's father about my 67 Barracuda Fastback , & what to do to make it work good for me .

A-bodies never came with a pistol grip shifter, as far as I know. E-body would be the one you want.
Exactly . I had one in my 69.5 440 roller 4 speed with 18 spline Hemi trans n 9.75 Dana w tall pistol grip shifter . I was a fool to let that B5 Beauty go Over a Woman

received_10212429865601825.jpeg

received_10212429865721828.jpeg

A-bodies never came with a pistol grip shifter, as far as I know. E-body would be the one you want.
I also have an 855 and Jamie claimed there was no way to get a pistol grip that fits the console. I mean, sure you could probably mill the end of the handle, drill it, and epoxy in sides to cover the contour. I just went with the a body console shift and 5spd ball.
A3A58C87-3B92-45A4-AC32-EDEA4157DC1E.jpeg

Although, non console cars can use a post 71 b body bench seat shifter for the pistol grip... Don’t take it as gospel, but that should be the one that will work without the console

I know it's an 18 spline input shaft, but what throwout bearing is used?

I believe a stock 18 spline has a bearing with a 1.44 inside diameter.

Don’t know what list number I was. I would imagine the list flows with the model it’s for. I paid in full a few years ago and got mine in May. It shipped from Garrett Fuss in Wyoming, but says Jamie on the side of the crate. The bearing retainer can be whatever you want. 18 spline. Uses same clutch, throwout and flywheel as any 18 spline. Jamie told me there was an issue with the initial gear manufacturer, I am assuming the cluster. Said it has been resolved and was pumping out E’s A’s and B’s, all in separate runs. I haven’t run it yet, but am using a dual McLeod, and Lakewood bell. I’m hoping to have the car in paint, and doing burnouts on a bucket by the end of fall. Was considering a hydraulic throwout, but I want to be able to feel it. 440 with Andy F motor plate and 2”tti
BEFD9B7E-08E4-4D6C-B2F1-0272C47CFC80.jpeg

Anyone with a half a mind can mod a z bar to clear anyway. I can’t wait to see how it does on the track. Obviously not a designated track car, but with 600hp, 855 and 4:10 Dana 60, I hope to be hanging hoops

E4CBD1FF-0BA6-43BD-ABFC-749D1DD2CE02.jpeg

-
Back