@#$% paste wax,never again

-
Whens the last time you waxed it..if its been awhile thats the problem too,wax is tougher to get off if you haven't done it in long time..i wax my vehicles probably once a month and in between use Meguires/Mothers detailing spray weekly..best wax i've used Malco "blueberry" nano wax especially on dark cars/trucks awsume results...

Overkill. Re-wax when it stops beading water.

No such thing when it comes to maintaining MY vehicles..probably why they all look so good:D:D

Right. I forgot I'm dealing with the purveyor of all knowledge when it comes to cars. :roll:

By the way, Meguires, Griote's, and every professional detailer out there will disagree with you. But, what do they know, I mean, as pro's they have nothing to say when it comes to the knowledge of the great StrokeOff.

Used to do complete details on full size conversion vans in six hours. That's a lot to wax and a lot of interior to clean and shampoo. Don't know why it took you six hours just to wax a full size truck.

Shouldn't take more than a couple of hours. I don't think it has a lot to do with the paste wax, but how you're putting it on and more importantly, how you're taking it off.

Care to enlighten us as to your technique?

no enlightening,just aint doint the paste any more,ill do the liquid from now on.maybe i did put it on too thick.i did the duster in a couple hours.paste is history

no enlightening,just aint doint the paste any more,ill do the liquid from now on.maybe i did put it on too thick.i did the duster in a couple hours.paste is history

If that's how you feel about it. There's nothing wrong with paste wax, at all, other than it can kick your butt if you go too thick with it or you allow it to sit too long before you try to take it off.

Believe it or not, there's others out there who can learn from this. I'm trying to help them.

Get some JAX wax from Mancini.. easy ON and easy OFF ..

This is the best stuff I have seen you can even wax in the direct sunlight and leave it on for 6 months and it wipes off easy tho not recommended .and it makes chrome pop like nothing else.

Actually you DON'T want it to bead you want the water to run off..beading causes water spots..but i guess your expert LMFAO

Actually, yes. I started my automotive career 25+ plus years ago doing detail work, first in a dealership body shop, then in an actual detail shop. I've put that experience to use over the decades detailing out every car I've built for my customers as well as every car I've done collision work on.

Beading means the water isn't sheeting. Sheeting means there's no wax or sealant at all. Beading means the water will run off in droplets. Guess you don't understand that for all the wax you put on (once a month, really?) when you wash the car, the water beads and runs off.

If you can't witness that with your own eyes for all the waxing your profess to do it means you're

1.) a liar

or

2.) an idiot.

Personally, I pick a combination of the two.

Isn't it time you dropped the act and became an actual human being?

Actually, yes. I started my automotive career 25+ plus years ago doing detail work, first in a dealership body shop, then in an actual detail shop. I've put that experience to use over the decades detailing out every car I've built for my customers as well as every car I've done collision work on.

Beading means the water isn't sheeting. Sheeting means there's no wax or sealant at all. Beading means the water will run off in droplets. Guess you don't understand that for all the wax you put on (once a month, really?) when you wash the car, the water beads and runs off.

If you can't witness that with your own eyes for all the waxing your profess to do it means you're

1.) a liar

or

2.) an idiot.

Personally, I pick a combination of the two.

Isn't it time you dropped the act and became an actual human being?

Maybe 25 years ago thats how it was..but technology has come a longggggggggggg way maybe you should try and catch up..liar idiot.....take one to know one:finga::finga:

Maybe 25 years ago thats how it was..but technology has come a longggggggggggg way maybe you should try and catch up..liar idiot.....take one to know one:finga::finga:

Awww.... you're so witty.

I can see why you're so popular around here, StrokedOff. Your devastating come backs and your intelligence just put people in awe.

Wizards Supreme Seal is the only thing I use now. Love the stuff, easy on and off.
It is intended for paint that is at least a month or so old, not a fresh job. Wizards has another wax for fresh paint. The fruity smell of most of the Wizards products will make your car smell kind of like Starburst candy and Skittles.

The Teflon wax sucks to apply and remove, at least the Dupont stuff I bought about 4 years ago, used it a couple times, my arms were killing me.

A pissin match!! Oh nice, been awhile since I've got to read one!!

Exactly..but once AGAIN one of the know it alls who thinks they're never wrong has to chime in with all their wisdom:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Mooooommmmm! He's picking on me!

Look either give good advice or pipe down. This whole "I wax once a month" is bad advice and everyone associated with wax production will tell you that. Wax three to fours times a year or when it stops beading water. I don't know why that's such a hard concept for you to grasp, but water beading means the droplets are rolling off, not sheeting and standing there.

Now, that that's out of way, I wanted to know what the OP did that it took six hours to wax a full size pick up. Others can learn from that, just as they can learn from listening to others being helpful with product suggestions without the whole "my **** is awesome because I do this." There was absolutely no reason for you to sit and turn the thread into how awesome your stuff is (again).

I'm sold on carnuba wax if the customer wants a wash and wax. (Just FYI, I owned my own shop up until a few years ago. I did everything under the sun. Collision and paint, mechanical with an emphasis on driveability, but also engine, trans, and rear end rebuilds as well as fixing anything my customers needed and I'd schedule details on Fridays to give myself a light day before the weekend. My knowledge is hardly out of date.) Carnuba is a hard wax that lasts and does it's job without the whole "touch up" thing.

If my customers were willing to pay and want the best paint protection, I went with a sealer, not a wax. There's a difference. A wax is cheaper and readily available. A sealer is something you'll have to talk to your jobber about.

-
Back