Patiently looking for my car

-

Back in Time

Reaction score
Been lurking for a while and decided to introduce myself.In 1967(ya I'm an old guy) I bought a 65 Dart from a guy who bought it new and revamped it before he even drove it.It was a 270 bench seat car with the 4 speed.He pulled the motor and put 11 to 1 pistons,a Racer Brown cam(ST 12 OR 21 can't remember),ported the heads and put duel AFB 4 barrels on it.With a 4.10 rear end the car was a rocket for it's time.Unfortunately marriage soon ended any chance I had keeping the car.In the early 90's I ventured to the dark side with a home built Vega drag car but was never happy with it.Now that I'm retired I would like to find another 65 Dart and start over with today's technology.I now live in Arizona and have found a few really nice rust free cars but haven't been able to make a deal yet.....but will.Just have no patience to redo a rust bucket so I can only look in dryer climates.Funds are somewhat limited but not looking to go cheap.I have been reeducating my self here and look forward to soon showing a picture of my project.

Well suffice it to say one persons idea of all complete and running means I have this pile of stuff to assemble a car and it ran 3 years ago when I parked it and forgot to cover the carb and put the oil caps on the Valve covers.Oh well part of the fun is the hunt ....right :)

Welcome. The Duster we restored is from Arizona. Great climate for rust free, but dam hard on plastic and rubber parts. Good luck finding the right project.

-
Back