Pawn Stars on CRACK!!

-

1968dartman

life is getting better!!
Reaction score
I am watching Pawn Stars and they just bought a 68 Mustang GT with a 302 that did not run that will need a complete new interior and a complete resteration on the body for $12,500.00. No wonder people think that their cars are worth what they ask!!

I saw that episode too...the owner was asking $20k!! Did you catch the part where he asked owner if its 351 4 bolt main?? Then his mech comes and says its a 302??

i saw that to....i thought 3500 or so but i dont know much about fords .they determined it was a gt by the gas cap and grill they dident even check vin numbers.

But it is the same model as used in Bullitt so that makes it worth every penny!

Yeh , did you see big hoss buy the 69 Buick Skylark i think 4 grand , piece of junk , paid the count 7 grand to paint it satin black , hello

The sad part is some other jamoke will pay them more when Its done, thinking it's the real deal,....another car for the uneducated sheeple...

Just shows that there is alot more people out there with more money than brains...

That' s ok because Barrett Jackson is starting some for silly season is just starting!!

Just like making an SS Chev,drill two holes slap an emblem on it and everyone thinks it's an "SS Crappy-Arrow" I mean camaro.And now it's worth $20 grand because one sold on Carrot/Slackston.

Just like making an SS Chev,drill two holes slap an emblem on it and everyone thinks it's an "SS Crappy-Arrow" I mean camaro.And now it's worth $20 grand because one sold on Carrot/Slackston.

Well put!!

Hug your A-bodies boys.
I guess in the next 10 years they will be in todays E-B body prices.
Early to 69 cuda's first.
Dusters next.
Swingers.
Vintage tin does not grow on trees.
When the supply dries up, the prices go up.

I guessed that they would offer the guy $1700 for that car the way it sat. Then I heard the figures and was like WOW?

It's a reality show. It'll jump the shark just like the rest of 'em at some point.

Anyone see where that knucklehead "count" went and looked at the white 55-57 chevy drag car...

What a fricken joke. His comment about everything first class... Made me laugh out loud.

Fastback Mustangs get stupid prices. GT's get even more ridiculous prices.

Don't know my Ford's that well, but I'm just guessing that they did more to verify its GT status off camera than just look at the cap. All the reality TV shows have a lot more going on behind the scenes than goes to air.

Take a look at ePay, and you'll see even more ridiculous prices than what they paid. I'm not saying they did good, but if it really was a '68 GT with an original 302, they could have done worse and probably still made money off it.

I think you guys (especially in the rural areas) haven't experienced the large disparaging difference in value of money, parts, cars, etc. between West Coast/big city prices and the rest of the US.
Those pickers, storage unit bidders, auction houses, etc. don't just resell stuff to the wealthy, -it takes more dollars to do/buy many of the same things in other places like California or New York.

Disparaging enough to make a living out of it - many people make allot of extra money selling on the net.

I see the same pistol grip shifter kit for sale as 300 bucks or thirty bucks on ebay because there is such a huge rift in value -1980's/90's value versus now.

Remember how expensive it was in this hobby in early/mid 2005? -Some people want THAT money, others are out of that loop.

Amazing...:wack:

It was worth the 12,500 they paid for the car. The asking price of $20,000 was too high. GTs are going for big money when done correct.

I paid 10,000 for my 66 Fastback Mustang was an original 289 2-barrel car. When I bought the fastback it all ready had the front end rebuilt and motor was refreshed up and a 4barrel carb and intake was added. It needed Interior and body and paint. Which I did on a budget. I dropped another $5,000 for body paint and interior.

I've always been a Mopar guy so I guess if I was gonna drop that kind of money on a FB Muscle car it would have to be a Barracuda.

-
Back