Paying With PayPal And Asking For No Fee's

-
You tell me you'll give me 1000 for something then say you want to use paypal. You aren't really paying "ME" 1000, I'm getting 970... That's why I'll mention 1000 in my pocket. If you aren't good with that, move on. I'm gonna try that at the next swap. Tell the person I'll give them X , then pull out 95% of X, processing fee, and see how that works out. :)

I've had people in Canada want to use the Goods method and want items shipped to a courier in US. They want the protection, yet want me to send it too a unconfirmed address. They don't want to use F&F because they aren't protected. Sort of a one way street on occasion.

I tend to pay the fees when buying.

Yes. I don't do business like that. It's lying to Paypal. If you use the family and friends option to purchase goods, you are being dishonest. That's taking advantage of Paypal.

To me, it's not so much about the buyer protection, but about doing honest business. Buying goods with the family and friends option is not honest business.

OK Rusty you are on here all the time and you buy and sell also. Lets say you are selling something and I am interested in it so I contact you we work out a deal both parties are happy with it and I send you the PayPal payment using friends so there is no fee, are you going to tell me that I can't buy it because I am lying that you are a friend? How about if at the end of our conversation I say "Thank You Rusty, you are truly a friend" Does that make a difference?
Bob

Now using F n f isnt honest business? I dont do this as a business its a hobby for Petes sake.
Oh and speaking of honesty dont forget to inform the IRS or CRA...ya right lol.....im trying my best to help.achieve page 5
66 CUDA if someone walked at 3% of one of your NOS emblems (approx $45) that works to $1.35 and that member would get ZERO attn from me (maybe a blessing lol)
Doesn't PayPal call it BUYER protection? Sums it up
Yes. I don't do business like that. It's lying to Paypal. If you use the family and friends option to purchase goods, you are being dishonest. That's taking advantage of Paypal.

To me, it's not so much about the buyer protection, but about doing honest business. Buying goods with the family and friends option is not honest business.

Agreed if a dollar thirty five blew the sale then it was not worth the grief you would have ended up with after a sale.

I use the regular 3% route. As a seller I set my price and eat the 3% but as a buyer I think it's tacky for the seller to demand I pay it, even though I still do. Clearly states the seller pays 3% to use PayPal's service. If it's too much to lose selling whatever, why is it my responsibility as the buyer? I live with it but think if younadd 5% to your price you'll cover your fees and get a few extra dollars. I'll take Insurance any day over blind faith.

When laws are passed to where we must report Ebay and Paypal dealings, I will. Until then, it is legal not to.

I didn't say using family and friends wasn't honest. I said using it to buy goods with is not honest and it's not. You are telling Paypal one thing and doing another.

If someone will lie to a multi million dollar company, what will they do to me? It's not up for debate. That's my opinion and I am standing on it. I don't really care what you or anyone else thinks.

Now using F n f isnt honest business? I dont do this as a business its a hobby for Petes sake.
Oh and speaking of honesty dont forget to inform the IRS or CRA...ya right lol.....im trying my best to help.achieve page 5
66 CUDA if someone walked at 3% of one of your NOS emblems (approx $45) that works to $1.35 and that member would get ZERO attn from me (maybe a blessing lol)
Doesn't PayPal call it BUYER protection? Sums it up

Up for debate or not, you posted it.on the net. ..I find it hilarious.
EVERYTHING right by the book??
Highly doubt it lmao
Im as honest as anyone on here. ...pay me either way fnf or not I dont care,
THAT DOESNT make me dishonest.
When laws are passed to where we must report Ebay and Paypal dealings, I will. Until then, it is legal not to.

I didn't say using family and friends wasn't honest. I said using it to buy goods with is not honest and it's not. You are telling Paypal one thing and doing another.

If someone will lie to a multi million dollar company, what will they do to me? It's not up for debate. That's my opinion and I am standing on it. I don't really care what you or anyone else thinks.

Never said you or anyone else was dishonest. IMO, doing business like that is dishonest to me. If you use F&F to buy goods, that is lying to Paypal. Period. You are telling Paypal you are sending money to a family member or friend, when in fact, you are buying goods. That's not honest. Just because you don't like me pointing it out, doesn't make it any less true.

Up for debate or not, you posted it.on the net. ..I find it hilarious.
EVERYTHING right by the book??
Highly doubt it lmao
Im as honest as anyone on here. ...pay me either way fnf or not I dont care,
THAT DOESNT make me dishonest.

Actually I dont care what you point.out. But yes you are calling me dishonest. Thats ok I dont get my panties on a bunch.Take.the high road and always make sure to claim EVERY single nickel given to you on your taxes, whether its for labor, oil change, carb cleaning ANYTHING.
Never said you or anyone else was dishonest. IMO, doing business like that is dishonest to me. If you use F&F to buy goods, that is lying to Paypal. Period. You are telling Paypal you are sending money to a family member or friend, when in fact, you are buying goods. That's not honest. Just because you don't like me pointing it out, doesn't make it any less true.

When paying for benefit auction items to help out a "friend" here, is it wrong to use the F&F choice?

This thread has gotten a bit ridiculous IMO

When paying for benefit auction items to help out a "friend" here, is it wrong to use the F&F choice?

This thread has gotten a bit ridiculous IMO

Nope and that's not what I said either.

It's the law to report all earnings. Period. IF you would cheat your country, what would you do to me?????
:D
Fact is, everyone has a point and position to justify why they do something. I'll butter my own toast the way I like it, I suggest everyone else do the same ....
Peace, Brothers :)

Well said. Did you mean period or PERIOD?
Side to side top to bottom with the butter please.
It's the law to report all earnings. Period. IF you would cheat your country, what would you do to me?????
:D
Fact is, everyone has a point and position to justify why they do something. I'll butter my own toast the way I like it, I suggest everyone else do the same ....
Peace, Brothers :)

How many of you guys can put a nickle in between your *** cheeks and squeeze it into 2 dimes?

My take, with the fiascos I've seen here and other sites I'll gladly pay the fee as a buyer. If I pay with my citi card I get 2 points back so for 1 point Pfft! let's fight to our death. Jebuss! Even most recurring bills are charged a fee if using anything other then a routing # these days.

Last edited:
THAT is not an accepted form of payment. But dont forget to ad 3% to that.
How many of you guys can put a nickle in between your *** cheeks and squeeze it into 2 dimes?

My take, with the fiascos I've seen here and other sites I'll gladly pay the fee as a buyer. If I pay with my citi card I get 2 points back so for 1 point Pfft! let's fight to our death. Jebuss! Even most recurring bills are charged a fee if using anything other then a routing # these days.

This whole thread started because of a member who wanted to buy an item from me. The item was listed for $45.00 plus shipping. The first thing this member said was he will go $45.00 shipped, OK I can live with that so I loose $3.50 for shipping, if I can help the guy out and get him what he is looking for and it also means a sale for me then so be it $3.50 is not going to kill me. But when I asked for him to pay without fee's nope I feel uncomfortable doing that so now if I want to sell this item to him I am going to be out $5.00. I have bent to help him out but not the other way around so no sale.
Bob
math is wrong - 3% of $45 is $1.35 - -oops, now I see - shoulda had some coffee first - never mind... :lol: -
PS. I would have stuck to my guns - total is $49.85

Last edited:

That is exactly why I insist on using the goods and services, so both parties are protected!! Too many times I've read where someone sent it friends and family, only to lose the protection and get taken!! It's a loophole, and criminals exploit every loophole they can, that's how they do business!! If you are buying goods, or paying for services, use the goods and services, that's my opinion!!

IMHO, if you want to have the protection, you pay for it.

My car has insurance on it that I pay for. I don't make every other person on the road pony up for my insurance.

If you use F&F, know who you are dealing with.

That is exactly why I insist on using the goods and services, so both parties are protected!! Too many times I've read where someone sent it friends and family, only to lose the protection and get taken!! It's a loophole, and criminals exploit every loophole they can, that's how they do business!! If you are buying goods, or paying for services, use the goods and services, that's my opinion!!

I was dealing with Justin Figgat, told him I wanted to pick up a set of fenders..... about the time that whole shyt blew up. He quit responding to me. I'll take the protection

I bought something from Justin, but paid with a USPS money order. That was my protection.

I bought something from Justin, but paid with a USPS money order. That was my protection.
Haha not really. That's honestly how most of his victims paid and most are still waiting for their money back....... have you ever tried to file a claim after using a usps money order? I have and it's a nightmare

-
Back