PCV VALVE LOCATION

-

WAYNE0

Reaction score
I took the 850 demon carb & put on the new 750 quick fuel carb. The quick fuel carb doesnt have a port for the PCV valve line. I noticed that it smokes alittle & it smells like fuel not oil. The only difference is the carb & it doesnt have the PCV valve hooked up. Before that it didnt smoke one bit. Any ideas ?

Whatever you do, do not run the engine without some form of CC breathing else the pressure will wind it's own way out. If yur lucky it will just blow the dipstick out.
If yur really unlucky it will blow the rear cam-plug out, and then, to fix that, you gotta drop the trans.

I have a K&N breather on the driver side valve cover. Like i said it didnt smoke until i put the other carb on without the PCV valve

Look very closely at the carburetor base plate. There SHOULD be a pipe plug on the front or the rear that you can remove and put a nipple in for the PCV.

What carb model do you have? The Quickfuel HR 780 VS carb I have has a PCV nipple. Would be surprised if your carb does not as that is very common.

What carb model do you have? The Quickfuel HR 780 VS carb I have has a PCV nipple. Would be surprised if your carb does not as that is very common.
My quick fuel carb is a blow-thru. I am going to install a paxton supercharger and thats what they recommend.

I bought a carb plate today with a port for the PCV valve. It smokes very little now. Im thinking the carb needs tuned

-
Back