peeking in before biting the bullet

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
hey there fellow mopar lovers

i am here in happy anticipation of my "new" mopar
ive been married for 8 years now, all of which we have had other priorities over a muscle car
but now that the wifey is finally done with her schooling and she has got a job lined up it is time for me to start looking at my next car

during the course of our marriage 3 mopars have been in our garage (among others) the dodge neon the wife had when we met (2nd engine, 2nd tranny), the dodge caravan we bought off her dad (1st engine 2nd tranny) and her current winter beater, a 2008 charger AWD.

ive narrowed down my criteria to iether a duster or a demon, prefferedly 70-72 but i will also consider 73-75s
it has got to have at least the 318 in it but hopefully i can find a high performance 340 and it has to have a bench seat
anything else is optional but AC would be a big plus.

now, for some reason ma mopar quit making muscle cars about a decade before i was born so my only experience with them is limited to scale models
so expect a lot of noob questions out of me (but i promise i wont ask how the positrac rear end of a plymouth works, it just does)

in all fairness im not expecting to get the car for another year or so but im defenatly browing so ill know what to look for when the money frees up

Well you might as well be mired in the same money pit as the rest of us LOL

welcome from a fellow michigander.

feel free to check out the build thread of my 72 duster ( link in my signature below ) ....ALOT of detailed pictures of my restoration....maybe you will find some info or an added "need/want" for a duster lol that will help you in your search for what you are looking for.

best of luck and welcome to fabo.

I have saved $$$ buying used parts for my 69 Roadrunner in FBBO, you will not be disappointted here in FABO...FREE advise from experts ...I am on here almost every night since I joined months ago..Beware it is ADICTTING

Welcome aboard, you'll find the car that just jumps at you and say ''buy me'' when it's time.

Welcome and agree just wait you will find a deal if you look hard. 1 make sure your frame is square and rust has not eating around tires and in the rear cross members etc. Get you a good solid body even if you have to ship it. You will cuss less and have more fun and save money good luck. Lots of good advice on here sometime you have to hunt awhile through converstions within conversations but lots of answers.

thanks guys

i do have a lot of questions but i think i have it narrowed it down a bit to what i want in the car and what i would like to add later
(dusterdude, im gonna check out your build right now, i noticed your somewhat local to me so i might hit you up for more info once i got something sitting in the driveway)

im not looking to get too much of a project so i definatly dont want a rust bucket
so far ive kept my options local BUT if i find the right car in KY i might fly up there and drive it back home, that oughta bring to light any issues it might have :)

Welcome! there is a 71 340 auto bench seat Duster on Craigslist in KY

DIY, you know, between dirt bikes and A-body Mopars we will never have any money! I'm glad you came to check out FABO!

no kidding man, luckily i have a 10 year plan
i married a girl i've know since highschool who wanted to be a doctor
(knowing no "real" doctor would take me ;) )
now, 8 years later she is 6 months away from graduation and allready has a job lined up
funny how that part of the time line perfectly matches my plans for getting this duster

now, 8 years later she is 6 months away from graduation and allready has a job lined up
funny how that part of the time line perfectly matches my plans for getting this duster

Welcome aboard, where in Michigan are you? If your local to DD you're local to me too.

Welcome to the addiction brother. You'll find folks here to be a wealth of knowledge (and a bit crazy).... My folks live it Centerville MI and my Sister in Law lives in Grand Rapids.

Pat

Transplant, that's cool. I grew up in Jackson but I joined the military in 1982 and have not looked back. I was stationed in Maine for four years, 1983-1987...Loring AFB in Limestone.

Wow, i was born in '82...in the netherlands
now there is a place with a chronic shortage of muscle cars, the only ones i knew growing up were the camaro and the firebird and NO ONE knew what in the world the general lee was
so forgive me if i ask what seem to be stupid questions or ;)

Did you say your wife was going to be a doctor? I hope so, because if you by a Mopar you will need lots of money. :eek:) Welcome to FABO.

i sure did Jim
she graduated from MSUCOM a few years ago and is in her last year of residency

she'll start her new job in june at which point i will be wanting to buy that duster (or demon)

Welcome from another michigander, hay believe it or not check out Craiges list in the metro detroit area there are a lot of A-bodies for sale!

-
Back