Penetrating oil and rusted fasteners

-

Ottmundr

68 Fastback
Reaction score
I found this interesting comparison on youtube. Unfortunately, he didn't review the product with the best name.

nutsoff.png

I have found that Kroil works the best, a little pricey but worth it

PB blaster from Oreileys works really good too. It seeps down pretty fast.

However, I am in an extremely dry climate so I rarely have to break anything severely rusted together, usually only stuff that has been sand blasted from the desert for the last 40 years.

I have used PB Blaster, Liquid Wrench, Kroil and other but for the speed of working and price I love Deep Creep and the guys at work agree also. It even work great with heat.

There are youtube videos of water and an air hammer to break through rust. Havent tried it my self but it looks intresting

I've tried all of them O'Reilly sells except Deep Creep. It's comin up next.

Penetrating oil to get your nuts off with a deep creep !! There's got to be a joke in there some where???

Kroil, stinks to high heaven, but it works better than anything else I have tried.
My wife can be standing 50 ft away and if I use it, she complains on how bad it smells.

I have found that Kroil works the best, a little pricey but worth it
I first heard about Kroil from my neighbor. He worked at GE taking apart jet engines. Works really well. I have been using PB Blaster lately as it's easier to find and works almost as well.

Last edited:
-
Back