people with 360 zero deck pistons help please

-

DusterBoy15

THE WISE(guy) MEMBER
Reaction score
what size or push rods are you guys using for the zero deck block. i know im going to have to measure but i jsut want to see what you guys are using: BOTH BRAND, SIZE, COST

If you are using a piston like a KB107 or Speed Pro 116 you will only be taking 0.012-0.020" off the deck to get those pistons to zero. That should not require any but a stock length push rod.

I used adjustable rockers. What cam, solid or hyd. ? If you are goin to use a hyd cam with non-adj. rockers, you can use some rocker arm shaft shims to set lifter pre-load. These are availble from several cam mfgrs.

Hey, whats' up. You want the factory rod length. Yes, measure, but if you decide to go with adjustable rockers give me a call.

ok so im guessing get stock size chrome molly push rods and set preload with spacers then when i get adjsutable rockers i dont need the spacers

ok im just going to get some roller rockers and some chrome moly shafts

can i use any push rods that are chrome moly???

Nope,

You need pushrods that work with the specific rockers.

For instance, Cranes need a cupped top on the pushrods.
Some rockers use the standard ball/ball pushrod.

No offense, but, You don't pay attention very well.

AGAIN... You need to buy pushrods for the type of set up your roller rockers will have. With out knowing which rockers you are going to buy, and they should tell you the style pushrod you need, it STUPID to buy pushrods.

Ask the people selling you the rockers or or tell people here which rockers you are buying and a suggestion can be made. If you don't have AT LEAST that information, you're wasting EVERYONES time. GET IT!!!

Do some research and find the info yourself is another idea. I bet you could find the answer on this big thing called the internet. 8)

i know what roller rockers im GETTING i was wondering if the LINK i posted if those push rods would hold up to what i will be putting them through

I think first, that 0 deck pistons dont exist. Tehy only go where your machinist sets them, and that's what tells you the effective length change for the block. Then the amount milled on the head's deck tells the other half. Now, as for a $140 set of roller roclers... I'd run 100K mile stock stamped steel first. At least if I punch a hole in them they wont get parts all thru the engine. Seriouusly, you're spending to spend now. I'd run the MP HD thick stamped ones, and use shims as needed to get teh geometry back. Those Ohios, or anything seeling for less than $370/set for aliminums are pure junk.

ok sounds fine to me. i was going to get them becasue i know a member who was going to sell me his new set to me

Duster, are you using magnum heads? Those rockers from ohiocrank are pedestal mount not shaft mount like the la engines. At least that's what they have pictured. Sounds like your having fun with this build. Stick with it and keep asking questions. I did the same thing on my first build and I'm sure there are a few that thought my questions were "rookie". No matter what you do for pushrods and such make sure you measure everything and not wing it because there are alot of variations from engine to engine. That's what I did and needless to say I had a set of crane custom length pusrods that were pretty much useless to me until I measured and got the right length made.( they are already sold) Also I would be weary of the ohio crank rockers since they don't post any tech on them.....ie: what there made of and who makes them. I'm running the crane gold race setup with a ball/cup pushrod and have no issues going on 1.5 yrs.

-
Back