Performer 360 Intake help

-

photorep

Reaction score
Hi:

I have a Edelbrock performer that came with a 360 I recently bought. In the pictures below in the lower right side are a couple of what I think are temp sending plugs, and on the left side is what I think is some type of vacuum fitting. In the other pic is the two sending units removed from the intake.
So:
1. Are they temp senders??
2. Does it matter which place I put the new senders that I have yet to purchase?
3. Do I need the vacuum fitting if I am going to a more modern distributer and coil (HEI??)
4. There are 6 or 7 threaded holes that some had brass plugs in them. When I replace the plugs with new ones, how do I seal them in...RTV?? Teflon Tape or something else??

Thanks for your help..FABO is great.

Attachments

• Intake top.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 114
  • Temp Senders.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 122
Yes in the lower pic,they are temp sensors.Plug any unused holes useing the brass plugs and teflon tape.Place the temp senders to the left of your thermostat housing.

Those are both temp sending units, One is factory the other was for an aftermarket elctric gauge.

The one at the back with the hoses is vacuum

Don't overtighten the plugs. If they seep a little coolant, you can easily give them a "little more." But teflon tape acts as a lubricant, and you can easily break (crack) the manifold if you use too much force.

-
Back