Personal improvment project

-
screw it, I spend 30 years getting where I am, it aint gonna get any better then this :p

screw it, I spend 30 years getting where I am, it aint gonna get any better then this :p

No place for improvement here either... I am already the new and improved version..

OK, quit laughing....

I better not quit my day job because it is evident I won't be able to make a living as a comedian.

which one is it, new or improved?
cant be both :banghead:

new as compared to old. Here is the new one and there is the old one. ~Shows that this has replaced the older version.
improved and thus better than the old one. The old version was unreliable, this new version is much improved. ~Shows that it has been remodeled or somehow made better.
Therefore, we could take away either word and essentially have the same concept.

I am who I am. the Wife says "John WHY do you gotta be an asshole?" My reply sorry dear, I was BORN this way, your 35 years......to LATE! LMAO, Ya just can't fix, stoopid!

I am who I am. the Wife says "John WHY do you gotta be an asshole?" My reply sorry dear, I was BORN this way, your 35 years......to LATE! LMAO, Ya just can't fix, stoopid!

yup

a friend of mine is getting married in a few weeks and she asked us what we thought the key to a good marriage was
I told her, don't think your going to be able to fix something that his mom has tried for 30 years and couldn't fix

Started my own "bucket" list last week. Only 2 items right now. Will add more if I remember where I wrote them down. Will probably write them on the garage wall where I can't lose them. Having b-day 64 next month. Starting to pick up speed on the other side of the hill.

yup

a friend of mine is getting married in a few weeks and she asked us what we thought the key to a good marriage was
I told her, don't think your going to be able to fix something that his mom has tried for 30 years and couldn't fix

Don't try to repair whats not broken! :cheers:

I have to agree that this is a good thing to do Raini :glasses7:
My wife reminded me I did this last year by removing a couple old friends from
my weekly routine of picking up the phone each time they called just to use me to
fix things and never say thank you or care about my concerns in life...
these people are rude and selfish to others and the only reason I helped them was becouse
I knew them well over 30 years and helped them with there stuff they would come to me for..
The only reason I dropped them off my list of people to help is they would not help there self
and never said that oh so easy word to say (THANK YOU).
I am enjoying my days knowing I don't have to be around negative people
or the ones that always are looking out for JUST there self.

I wish I could change my hair style :D but I can live with what I have I quess :coffee2:

well its july 31 again and the end of what would have been a model year back in the early 70s

so its time again to reflect on what has happened through the 2015 "model year" and begin the 2016 model year and implement new ideas and get rid of cost ineffective habits.

always move toward improvement

Not bad, Rani... It's a good concept.. The good people,in my life( soulful, no Yuppie price tag) ,are having long needed conversation with...) Needed this,in 30+ years ago... Need to work more spray gun single stage work., Time will tell , young lady... Love ,your positive vibe....

I'm gonna try to improve my drinking skills. Then maybe those three people I need to discontinue will seem valuable again..

Well, it's been a full year now. I drink better than ever. And the asshats still aren't valuable. I think this year I'll get another dog. They're pretty badass companions..

My new motto..." Stop wasting my time, and my money"!!! Been telling that to the wife and kids as they bounce through life trying different things! Not trying to be harsh, but if they're not interested in something they try, don't save the thing I bought for them just to say they have it!! Got a dirt bike, a huge pile of models, a couple of cars, musical instruments, and a whole host of other things that just sit while the "important" things like phones, X boxes, and the like get first priority!!! Got $1000's wrapped up in stuff just sitting around taking up space, time for a reboot!!!

Well, it's been a full year now. I drink better than ever. And the asshats still aren't valuable. I think this year I'll get another dog. They're pretty badass companions..

yes! its hard to beat the companionship of a good dog! if mine would stop waking me up at 2 and 6 a m! ( except those days I get up at 3 :45 to go to my piddly part time job). !! Ha

I like the idea of improvement, that's easy to do. Easy in comparison to being perfect. I will never be perfect, impossible. But I can improve, sometimes not a lot, but still an improvement. That is easier because it is possible, and I can feel good about myself when I can see the improvement happening. JMO.

Gosh, now I know why I got kicked off the friend list......:violent1:

Yep, i try the self improvemrnt thing every year. I throw a bunch of ideas at the wall. Some stick, most do not. I am mostly a creature of habit. My wife says you can set a clock by my schedule. Maybe i need to break it up, do stuff differently.

2016, i plan on working on my car more, and taking more time to slow down , and just enjoy life.

Ranigirl, i havent heard from you in awhile, have i been discontinued too ??

In the next 3-6 months;

Relocate about 4000 miles & buy a house with enough flat land for mini-car shows.

Set up an outbuilding for my cars.

Start an upholstery business & transportation museum.

Go to as many local car shows as possible.

If time allows, I may even start dating again.

I did OK except for the dating part. LOL

Yep i relate better to mechanical things. I can make mechanical things "happy" when i fix them to run well. People eh not so much. I find that the more i learn about people , the more i prefer the company of my dog.

I think i am about as improved as i am gonna get. 47 years on this rock, i think i'm pretty much set in my ways. Tried the new improved for 2016 year model rollout. Was a bust, prefer last years model me to version 47.0. Actually the 2008-2010 model of me was pretty good.

Making no promises to do better, be better, change this or that, some sorta new and improved whatever. Sometimes the "improvements" are not what they are cracked up to be. Sometimes you prefer the V speed wiper system as archaic as it is to the full delay wiper system. Doesnt break that easy, and you know whatcha got.

Only promises i'm making will be to do a bit more on my project car, but not specify how much, thats a set up for failure.

Happy new model year 2017 folks. I will stick with acrylic laquer, points, carb, 4 speed metaphorically speaking

Matt

Last edited:
-
Back