Pete Rose goes down swinging.

-
Yes it is sad. I guess he messed around with somebody's wife or somethin. Somebody sure as heck wants him to pay the rest of his life for something that everybody did and still does.

And funny thing....he never took steroid one.

Maybe he just won't pay them off. I never looked at Pete Rose as a crook, those others I'm not so sure about. After all sports is all about the betting.

He was a great player...never really liked him. Could have been the play at the plate at All Star game.....or maybe his haircut? ?
Still constant lying to commish 30 years. And still betting lol
He still has a crack at HOF

too bad for sure.. I was taught that "you made your bed, you sleep in it" ...and I have to say that don't remember the whole thing too well - except that it was big news and he got his *** handed to him, so I have no basis to fall back on to form an educated opinion... I was also taught "forgive and forget" so... mixed messages in my youth aye? LOL I will say I am very glad it's not my decision - talk about a lose/lose situation.. no way does everyone come out happy no matter what direction this ultimately goes..

All baseball fans should ban going to all baseball games on April 14th to support Pete Rose..This is his Birthday, the guy belongs in the hall of fame..

Love him period,.. You let people pass testosterone/PEDs/ other crap ,freely... Yet you ***** about a guy gambling on baseball..( This is my opine, in M.L.B. s eyes..)Pretty much( M.L.B...) GO FUCJ YOURSELF...

So let me get this straight. He gambled on baseball while he was playing/coaching. Got banned. Suggested that he "reconfigure" his life, this MAY get him reinstated. When asked if he stopped gambling on baseball he said he hadn't.....after lying and saying he did? Guys a scumbag...

Too bad he didn't play for the NFL. He could of killed Manfred and still been re-instated.

Gambling addict is more accurate. At this point, Rose is a retired old codger, with a lot of time on his hands. It's much easier in this era to go on-line and click a couple boxes and you are betting on the game, as opposed to the 1980's.

It makes watching people sweat, spit, and grabbing their crotches more enjoyable if you are financially invested in the game. Otherwise, it's like watching grass grow with people in the way.

One fact is incontrovertible, Pete Rose is the greatest hitter to ever play the game.

If only Tom Brady were to be treated with the same hand as Pete.

Other players and other athletes had done a lot worse things and are allowed back in the game. The Baseball Commissioner Robert D. Manfred, Jr is an A hole!!

Great player for sure and probably a good guy but he broke the rules. He had an opportunity to show he's changed his ways by not gambling in sports. He chose to continue in that lifestyle and based on that MLB made their decision.

IMHO, as far as the Hall of Fame, that should be decided separately.

Other players and other athletes had done a lot worse things and are aloud back in the game. The Baseball commissioner is an A hole!!!

Your ABSOLUTELY right the guy has more hits then ANYONE ever..he belongs in the hall,and he will get there someday along with my boy Clemens SEVEN cy youngs no one even comes close..

What about players today betting online with draft kings, fanduel and so on?

Other players and other athletes had done a lot worse things and are aloud back in the game. The Baseball commissioner is an A hole!!!

Allowed back in the game? Take a look at some of the folks who are in the HoF currently and then tell me, based on character, they are better than Rose.

They are there on the merits of their play and their play alone.

The person who is getting railroaded is Joe Jackson. Landis and the investigation could never prove that he directly took money for throwing the Series. I would think his play proved him out. Someone who's paid to throw games isn't going to be hitting over .400 in the Series.

A career lifetime hitter of .356 should be in the HoF. It's a "lifetime" ban. Jackson is dead. Who's lifetime are we talking about here?

There is a sign that hangs over the entrance to every major league club house entrance. Bet on baseball and your banned for life.

As Mike Schmidt one of petes biggest supporters and closest friends recently stated.

I think the day will come when Pete will look back on this ... Throughout this whole thing, I think he always kind of senses or feels like he's bigger than it all, and at some point in his life he'll sit back in a rocking chair and realize he wasn't or isn't bigger than baseball."

Regardless of whether he gets in or not, he is still easily the best player to have ever played the game.

That's my opinion and I'm stickin to it.

Regardless of whether he gets in or not, he is still easily the best player to have ever played the game.

That's my opinion and I'm stickin to it.

Baseball's personal to me( obviously..), agreed with this. He outhit, out tempoed , out hustled everyone. The Big Red machine, would have been a weakling ,without his leadership & moxie. ( Sorry Rob on the interjection,.. still whizzes me...)

Baseball's personal to me( obviously..), agreed with this. He outhit, out tempoed , out hustled everyone. The Big Red machine, would have been a weakling ,without his leadership & moxie. ( Sorry Rob on the interjection,.. still whizzes me...)

No apology necessary. It whizzes me too. lol

If he would have come clean originally he would be in the hall of fame by now. Probably not involved in baseball but in the hall. He chose to lie for 30 stinking years. Now he won't get in till after he is dead.

Phillies never would have won in 1980 without him either

-
Back