Petronix ignition on a 1968 Barracuda Can someone send me a diagram?

-
It has been a while, but I thought that there is only two wires. The red goes to the + side of the ignition coil, and the black goes to the - side of the ignition coil.

My positive hooked to the 12v. side of the ballast resister. (full system voltage that is keyed)

Petronix I must use ballast resistor Petronix II and Petronix III ballast is by-passed.

We are ujsing the factory coil. Is this OK? I can measure the 12 volt side and hook to the positive of the petronix? It is a newer petronix he just bought it so I figure it is a II but I will check

Can't tell you if you can use your original coil, but I will say from all I read when I bought the Pertronix II for my 440, everything I read said I needed to use their Flamethrower coil. I don't know enough about coils to know what the difference is, but their information, and every forum I read about them STRONGLY suggested running the Flamethrower II coil.

Oh,.... and everything also said to make sure to use spiral wound plug wires, not solid core, with the Pertronix units.

His motor is dirty and his carpet has a lot of hair on it, and his phone is about to die!!
He's just trying to make it big. He won't make it at the Mopar dealer. LOL I never thought about using a open end wrench for the cap hold downs! :rofl::BangHead::BangHead:

-
Back