Peyote's 66 Dart -- "Wild Thing"

-
Had to trim the windage tray, then I installed the following today:

Damper
Oil pan
Heads
Pushrods and rockers

IMG_3709.JPG

Quick update: Going to schedule the media blasting for June 24, and I will shoot primer the next day. In the meantime, teardown of the dart continues. This past weekend I was able to remove the following: Rear bumper, hood springs, rear seat, drive and passenger door glass and locks, rear window, rocker panel trim, wheel arch trim, door trim.

Left to remove: Front bumper, front fenders, grille, headliner, dash, remaining trim. I went by my painter's shop and got his recommendation for Primer and picked it up with the activator and reducer. $223, Matrix Brand is what he prefers, in black.

Progress has been pretty good, as I also got the parking brake system installed. Lokar cables to the Wilwood brakes. I've taken up a second job as a ride share driver, and using that money to fund things. An extra grand in the past month has really helped.

I have looked around for some pin striping ideas as I want a subtle but custom looking stripe on it and came across this one that I like. My painter does awesome custom jobs and striping....

http://briankitepinstriping.com/dealership_files/vlb_images1/dscn1673.jpg

Basically had to put the project on hold due to no money, then getting a new job, moving to a new house, etc. Things are progressing again now. Recently got the body blasted, and just got it home from getting epoxy put on it, feels good to have it in the garage again! Next up soon I'll be ordering the QA1 coilovers for the front. Will be working on fitting the 3d printed radio device into the dash, if it will fit. I'll be 3d printing the center console so if the radio doesn't fit in the dash, the console is the second option. I'll be working on the 3d printed gauge cluster and dash panels as well. Eventually the car is going to a local car shop for the body, paint, and pretty much the rest of it.
dart primer.jpeg

Your doing a great job and we all understand that projects nevwr stay on schedule. My 66 took all but 7 years to get it to road worthy. Notice i didnt say completed. Lol i dont believe they ever get totally completed. Stick with it. Best of luck.
Rod

Ordered the QA1 (Gerst) front end kit today...opted for 12" 6 piston wilwoods, 0-2" drop, and sway bar. 10-12 week lead time
Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 9.11.59 AM.png

Roughed in the BMW seats today so I can get an idea of how they fit, spacing for center console, etc

307675095_10220713444977383_1069605736639289744_n.jpeg
308092550_10220713444897381_3184747348551185361_n.jpeg

-
Back