photos + trunk seals for '65 Barracuda?

-

R3dplanet

Reaction score
Hey gang,

I'd like to find some trunk seals / grommets that seal up the sheet metal. It looks like there should be two rectangular and two 1" circular on the shelf and another large 2.5" circular seal at the very bottom underneath the spare tire.

For that matter I have no idea how the original trunk would have been assembled in terms of carpets, jack, etc. Anyone have any photos of what that should look like from the factory?

Thanks!

Last edited:
These might help. 65'
20201028_205741.jpg
20201028_205749.jpg

Oh, THATS how the jack sits! :) wow......Fun Fact: Formula "S" had a scalloped crescent milled out of the divider for the fatter Blue Streak spare so it would sit flat.

Provided they are different, does the latch cover in the trunk match the interior color or exterior color? So, a gold exterior with a black interior would have what color latch cover?

I have the original gold one, it's in good shape, needs paint though. The car was built gold poly with a gold interior, I've kept the exterior gold but changed the interior to black. So, from the factory, did the plastic trunk latch cover match the interior or exterior color (when different)?

My plastic latch cover is a burgundy color, and that does match my interior color and car was originally white.

Thanks Keith, is your car a '66?. '65s only offered gold, red, blue and black interiors, not burgundy. I would also like to know if the trunk had carpeting from the factory, and if it matched the interior.

Thanks Keith, is your car a '66?.
My car is a 65, So I would say the interior is Red and yes the trunk was carpeted from the factory and the carpet was the same from from to back and It did match the interior., although the headliner was white.

Keith, Good information, I was not sure these cars had carpeted trunks, I was thinking they all had a grayish plaid looking mat. I haven't seen trunk carpet sets offered for them.

Actually Bob, I previously had another 65, 273 2 barrel auto car both were identical interior except the auto car has a red headliner and the car I currently have (factory 273 2 barrel 4sp) has a white headliner both had carpeted trunks.

-
Back