Pic Needed Shoulder Belt Mounting Location

-

1969VADart

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can share a picture of the location on the inside roof/frame of the car where the shoulder belts would mount on a 69 (or similar model year) Dart? I am specifically hoping for a picture that shows the interior roof section without a headliner so I can clearly see where the mounting hole is on the interior frame. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you feel along there along the roof line you should feel the boss. I got into this discussion trying to figure out "if" I could put them in my 67. There are no mounting bosses in the 67.

Maybe this is some help

http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/interi...to-replace-your-headliner-on-your-dodge-dart/

mopp_0210_03_z%2breplace_fabric_headliner%2bremove_shoulder_belt_bolts.jpg

Below you can see the bump in the headliner directly above the far side seat back

mopp_0210_22_z%2breplace_fabric_headliner%2bfinished_new_headliner.jpg

So are you saying there is no way to create a mounting boss or install a mounting boss on the roof frame and install the shoulder belts? If not, then I will have to see if I can purchase two front lap belts that don't include the shoulder connection (made as a single belt).

If you feel along there along the roof line you should feel the boss. I got into this discussion trying to figure out "if" I could put them in my 67. There are no mounting bosses in the 67.

mopp_0210_03_z%2breplace_fabric_headliner%2bremove_shoulder_belt_bolts.jpg

Below you can see the bump in the headliner directly above the far side seat back

mopp_0210_22_z%2breplace_fabric_headliner%2bfinished_new_headliner.jpg

I don't know of one, but my understanding is that a 69 should HAVE them. I don't remember, I guess they were optional in 69?

My car came with them, but when we did the crazy roof swap on my car (which included frame and all), the new roof section had come off of a 67 or 68 model Dart so it didn't have the mounting bosses. Is there a place that sells the individual seat belts? If I can find a pair of black belts to replace the ones that came in my new belt set, then I can live without the shoulder belts.

Bumps are for coat hooks. In the 67 roof, the coat hooks were almost directly above the line where door glass and quarter glass meet. In 68 and later the coat hooks were moved reward a few inches so the shoulder belt anchors could be placed where the coat hooks once were.
You can add belt anchors to the 67 roof. You'll need a fairly larger piece of 1/8 thick steel with half inch hole drilled through and 7/16 NF nut welded behind that hole.
You'll also need 1/4 steel rivets and pneumatic riveter to attach the nut plates. Of course you would also need to detach/ lower the headliner from sail panels forward for access to insert the plates and flatten that bump where coat hook attached.
It sounds like a lot but... Compare to adding late model factory 3 point belt retractor anchors in the bottom of the quarters. The roof anchors are the easy part.

On my 69, Just in front of the coat hook is the boss for the seatbelt. Run your fingers ftowards the from and you'll feel a bolt hole.

-
Back