pic of boosted v8 whit powersteering

-

Massen1981

Reaction score
Hi

I Wass thinking of turbocharging my 73 dart sport,

it has a 318 in it and I HAVE to keep the powersteering for the sake of Peace for the wife.
now I have look alle over the net and can seem to find one that has a turbo v8 whit powersteering in an A-body car, can some one pleas help my whit pics of a setup like that,

thanks Mads. from Denmark

ps I am not going to stroke/swap the motor, boost is the only way for me!! :burnout:

I'm sure you could do something like this
6247206261_4d748dc500.jpg

6247726744_18cc7c4bd9.jpg

I've been told that combo won't clear a PS box. I've been thinking on the same lines, and in fact have a set of those Ram / Dakota manifolds

Is that your setup, or in any case can you link to where you found the info?

66 I would not be so quick. That "looks" like at least three setups I've seen for A bodies, two of which appeared right here. That crossover pipe goes down and right in front of the K, behind the rad

"topfueldart"

attachment.php

This one, very similar

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=227729

Good photos start post #50

crossover

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

exhaust

attachment.php

Pump might work. Don't think manifold will clear power steering box.Had to gring bottom of manifold and shim mount about 1/8 inch to clear manifold

Go with electric drive and mount the pump and motor under the driver's side fender.

66 I would not be so quick. That "looks" like at least three setups I've seen for A bodies, two of which appeared right here. That crossover pipe goes down and right in front of the K, behind the rad

"topfueldart"

This one, very similar

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=227729

Good photos start post #50

crossover

exhaust

everyone elses turbo is mounted off to the passengers side or drivers side in those pictures the OP has the turbo mounted in front of the engine, there would be no room for a rad

Look again..........the turbo doesn't extend much past the water pump fan flange. Hell for all I know that thing is destined for a pickup or a C barge

The setup with turbo mounted on engine is in a 62 Plymouth Savoy. Went 10.08 @3700 lbs with 20 psi of boost. Has some videos on YouTube

The setup with turbo mounted on engine is in a 62 Plymouth Savoy. Went 10.08 @3700 lbs with 20 psi of boost. Has some videos on YouTube

Yah 4 door savoy running E85, I have more pics I can post of different setups but i don't have them on my phone anymore I would have to grab them off my computer.

-
Back