pic of my 72 valiant

-

taino75

Reaction score
debating what to do first. suspension, brakes, drivetrain. has the 318 with 904 trans, original a/c.

Attachments

• 17.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 294
Instant jealousy! I have a 72 valiant but its four door, is it just me or are they a rather difficult year to get parts for?

Yes Do the brakes first! and Welcome to FABO!

Nice ride but brakes first a conversion if you have all drum or get them off another car. If not get some good hardware and materials.

Nice car! Welcome to the forum!

I too am bummed my 72 is a 4 door. I picked up a complete brake rebuild kit (drums) for mine from PST a few years ago; although I never got around to installing it and am considering going to disk.

Can anyone recommend a good brake conversion kit

How much money do you want to spend? The 73 and up disc brake swap is not a bad way to go. Find someone with the front spinlels, brake mounts and upper control arms. You can find them at a good price.

The donar is the cheapest usually. There are several places making the conversion kits. I have SSBC that is Stainless Steal Brake company. A big one is Wildwood Brakes and another big money is Beahr. Right stuff detailing as well look in a copy of Mopar Muscle you will see several adds. Check your tire fitment most require a 14 inch tire or larger. Also if you go the donar route get the prop valve and all the rest off the donar car or the setup or spend the money and get the Kelsey Haynes there is a set for all 4 for 850 on hear. I paid 750 for mine and got a 150 rebate through Jegs. Do your price hunting. Most of these companies make it easy finding the right kit. 500-3000 all in what you want to spend and do. Is shes a driver or a racer. Your fine leaving stock drums on the rear for most applications. Power brakes are ok I like my manual and it takes up less room in the bay. Hope that helps.

Sorry I would recommend all 3. Also in the price wars you can ket one of these kit from a retailer that carries one cheaper then direct. Look for online coupons also. Retail me not etc.

Hi, welcome to FABO!

are you sure it´s a valiant? To me it seems to be a Dart Hardtop with Valiant Front Parts. Oh, could also be a Valiant Scamp - Show some more pics!

Michael

yeup, it is the scamp. has anyone checked out or has installed the tubular kmember with coilovers. need opinions on if this is the route i should take. since inevitably im gonna go discbrakes. wondering if the coilovers drastically change the ride compared to the torsion bar setup.

Instant jealousy! I have a 72 valiant but its four door, is it just me or are they a rather difficult year to get parts for?

No worse than any other year or version of A body really. Unless you're looking for something very specific. I know I've bought a few parts for a Dart Swinger, and for a Duster...they're not that bad.

I'd like to go the tubular route with coilovers, but I'd like to get mine all straight and rust free before doing anything that significant to the suspension and chassis. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it-welcome to the site, and I look forward to seeing progress on your Scamp!

-
Back