Pick Out A Hood

-
I like the plain stock flat hood on my duster. But I am thinking about cooling vents.

I like mine also.

a05.jpg

I like the plain stock flat hood on my duster. But I am thinking about cooling vents.
The same here bjkadron, fresh air sure does help with HP and MPG. I liked my flat hood on my old 70 Barracuda
Smooth and neat :happy10:

I like mine also.

a05.jpg
Your hood is a must do if it was mine :bball::drinkers:, another great Mother Mopar hood, 440 six pack I believe :-k But it also could be a Max Wedge scoop from 66 or 65 I am not sure. But MoPar all the way :thumleft:

The same here bjkadron, fresh air sure does help with HP and MPG. I liked my flat hood on my old 70 Barracuda

Yes it does... I am working on a fresh air from behind the signal lamps for one (my Daily Driver)... And a cowl vent intake for the other (like a NASCAR) to go with the supercharger and the itb's!!! :cheers:

I always thought the early A's would look good with a Max Wedge scoop. Anybody got a pic of one of those.

Jack

Not an early A, but here's the '68 Valiant our club built as our 2008 charity raffle car with a later Max Wedge hood. Looks right at home.

2008Valiant400.jpg

Your hood is a must do if it was mine :bball::drinkers:, another great Mother Mopar hood, 440 six pack I believe :-k But it also could be a Max Wedge scoop from 66 or 65 I am not sure. But MoPar all the way :thumleft:

It's a Hemi 'Cuda scoop Mike

Not an early A, but here's the '68 Valiant our club built as our 2008 charity raffle car with a later Max Wedge hood. Looks right at home.
I remember that great car :cheers: YES!! I agree it looks perfect on A body

It's a Hemi 'Cuda scoop Mike
That's write :-D there are so many great hood's Mother MoPar gave us and hard for me to remember 8) Thank you Tony :cheers:

I second that emotion.
X2 Longgone X2 =P~

The best on a Duster!!!
That was the one I was talking about :cheers: Yep the best =P~IMO :-D

This is my favorite, at least on a Mopar. If someone has done this to an a-body hood, I'd like to see it. Otherwise I'll have to try Photoshop.

mopp_0908_01_z+1970_plymouth_barracuda_aar+front_view.jpg

This is my favorite, at least on a Mopar. If someone has done this to an a-body hood, I'd like to see it. Otherwise I'll have to try Photoshop.

I bet it would look nice on a 67 to 69 barracuda =P~

I know this thread is a few years old, but I wanted to revive it because there are so many options and custom hooods being made out there. Here is the SRT Hood from US Body Source (Not my car)

Attachments

• srt hood.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 168

I think the best execution of it is the DustAAR. If you just google "DustAAR" you'll get a ton of pictures of this car.

46a87aad0705ec6b373d662548eb6ebd.jpg

I like that guys scoop on his 1 st gen cuda, and wow to the AARDuster too. th eearly max wedge scoop looks good to me on the squarish darts. my OP

Has anybody ever seen a T/A scoop on an A-body? I would like to see how it looked.
the stock challenger t/a hood is too big to mount on a A body so it needs to be downsized
the stock scoop dimensions are 28 inches wide and 36 inches long. It is very similar in style as the dual snorkel duster scoop (which i thought of buying and cutting out the middle and splicing back together.

When i scaled it out on my 67 dart flat hood i thought it would be too long and too wide (couldnt see around the scoop in driver seat) so i never ordered the fiberglass scoop for this reason.

Instead i went out and got some foam and constructed a downsized version of the t/a scoop.
Hard to tell in this photo but i just happened to have it sitting on the hood tonight and took a random picture as i am still debating if i should go further with the idea.
Possibly could get some more angles of it tomorrow if i remember

I am a six pack hood guy 8)

Attachments

• IMG_0166.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0165.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 81
-
Back