Picks of 67 cuda fresh from barn resto.

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
In this pic I just picked the car up from a barn where it sat since 1989.
1stdaycuda2.jpg

1stdaycuda2.jpg

Five of the girls are mine.
The three oldest ones we adopted, the boys are neighbors.
I need to get them all together again for an updated pic some day, but the boys moved back to Tejas.
Here's a pic after I stripped it down.
34N04-7-1120-1.jpg

34N04-7-1120-1.jpg

Great find, and it looks like the paint cleaned up real nice.

I was thinking the same thing as Adam. If those are all your kids, it's about time you got another hobby - or a TV or something. :)

fresh from body shop.
Was in two different body shops.
The first shop ruined the panels by sandblasting.
Shop #2 fixed shop #1's screw ups.
Two years later, I finally get it back.
cudasizedright.jpg

cudahood2.jpg

cudasizedright.jpg

cudahood2.jpg

Bolted my buddies wheels on from his dart for photos.
Looks much better with wheels on it.
cuda23.jpg

cuda28-1.jpg

cuda39.jpg

cuda22.jpg

cuda30.jpg

1stdaycuda1.jpg

She came a long way...Still have much work to do.

cuda23.jpg

cuda28-1.jpg

cuda39.jpg

cuda22.jpg

cuda30.jpg

1stdaycuda1.jpg

Nice job :thumbup:

Where did you get the hood with the Hemi scoop?
Is it fiberglass and does it mount with the stock hinges?

Thanks

Tony, the hood is a bolt on fiberglass super stock hood from glasstek, the hemi scoop is separate also from glasstek.
The whole deal with shipping cost about $475.00

I am using the stock hinges and they work fine since the hood is so reinforced the heavier stock springs do not pose a threat to the hoods strength.

OldVart said:
Great find, and it looks like the paint cleaned up real nice.

I was thinking the same thing as Adam. If those are all your kids, it's about time you got another hobby - or a TV or something. :)

I think the name of the town he lives in pretty much says it all................
:yawinkle:

I would like to say that you have dun a superb job and you have turned out a great barracuda.
Keep us posted on the rest of this car.
What power plant are you thinking about?

:wav:

memike said:
I would like to say that you have dun a superb job and you have turned out a great barracuda.
Keep us posted on the rest of this car.
What power plant are you thinking about?

:wav:

Power plant is a 1970 stamped 360 small block stroker, 833 4 speed, 8.75 sure grip so far, but I have plans for a dana rear.

I'm toying with the idea of a 440 but I'm leaning towards the 360 for the weight savings.

I just painted my grille inserts today and should have the grilles and headlights in this week.

DragginMAster said:
Beautiful car, I hope upon hope I can manage to transform my machinery into something containing a mere fraction of the beauty.

With what I see there, you should have no problem.

If I ever do another car, I will take body classes and do it all myself so I know it's done right the first time.

I do like the AAR stripe too. That will be a tough looking car out on the street.

Great job Cudaspaz, I really like the color with the black AAR stripe. You must of had all those kids working their tales off LOL.

I want to say that you have done an excellent job on your Barracuda and it is going to be a great car when you get done. Out of all the cudas my finace and I have seen here and there yours has caught my eye. The stripe looks awesome! I bought a 67 back in Oct of last year and we have not yet did much to achieve the look that we are after. We really like the way your car sits in the rear and was wondering if you don't mind how did you get it to sit so nicely? I have a picture of mine and yours to compare to show you what I mean. Have you moved the leaf springs inboard any or put blocks between the axle and the leaf springs to give the your car the lift it has? Thanks.

DSC00800.JPG

cuda39.jpg

Thanks for the kind words.

The car is mini tubbed using the stock wheelhousings, and the springs have been relocated 3 inches inboard.

Also the rear wheel openings have been massaged 1.5 inches on the forward arch for big drag tire clearance so it does not have the cramped look, but still looks factory.

I have ss springs in the rear and was told it would make it sit 1.5 inches higher, and they were right.

I don't have any raising blocks or other mods other than what came with the spring relocation kit.

keep in mind there is no interior and the car as you see it is a rolling chassis with no weight bearing down on it yet.

Mullinax, I love your car as well.
Out of three color choices sublime, sassy grass, and hemi orange, i chose hemi orange because the car that inspired me when I was 16 y/o was hemi orange, and I promised my dad I would get one like that some day.

-
Back