Picks of 67 cuda fresh from barn resto.

-
HPIM1518-1.jpg
beautiful car cudaspaz!! If you were toying with the idea of a 440 why not look into a 383 stroked out to 496!
I have a 68 coupe, see pic below, and I am putting a 496, 4 speed with a Dana 60 rear. Either way you do it you've got a very nice ride.

Good job!!!

HPIM1518-1.jpg

Dorian said:
HPIM1518-1.jpg
beautiful car cudaspaz!! If you were toying with the idea of a 440 why not look into a 383 stroked out to 496!
I have a 68 coupe, see pic below, and I am putting a 496, 4 speed with a Dana 60 rear. Either way you do it you've got a very nice ride.

Good job!!!

Well, because of now I've got the car set up for a small block and the trans has the small block bellhousing.

I'm kinda sticking with what i have although my buddy has a 440 under wraps for me if I want it.

HPIM1518-1.jpg

hm might have to look into getting one of those hoods :thumbup: im loving the paint and the aar stripe, very nice touch :thumbup: :tongue9:

Shh. im not really a cuda fan.. Everyon has them, but yours is absolutely beautiful. Colour stance and the pure appearance. Well done :thumbup:

Cerwin

PDR_0343.jpg

PDR_0343.jpg

cudaspaz said:
Thanks for the kind words.

The car is mini tubbed using the stock wheelhousings, and the springs have been relocated 3 inches inboard.

Also the rear wheel openings have been massaged 1.5 inches on the forward arch for big drag tire clearance so it does not have the cramped look, but still looks factory.

I have ss springs in the rear and was told it would make it sit 1.5 inches higher, and they were right.

I don't have any raising blocks or other mods other than what came with the spring relocation kit.

keep in mind there is no interior and the car as you see it is a rolling chassis with no weight bearing down on it yet.

Mullinax, I love your car as well.
Out of three color choices sublime, sassy grass, and hemi orange, i chose hemi orange because the car that inspired me when I was 16 y/o was hemi orange, and I promised my dad I would get one like that some day.

Thanks for the info. I thought about the car not having any interior and it would settle some with bumper, gas tank,gas, seats, etc.. but it sure does look sweet right now. I have been thinking about getting the 3 inch relocation kit ever since I bought the car because I want to get some Weld Racing Prostar wheels. But I realized after some measuring that it wouldn't do much good until I did some work on the tubs because the inside of the wheel and tire would hit there first. So I need to make up my mind what I'm going to do before I invest in the wheels to get the right back spacing that I need. I will probably just have to go with a 8 inch wheel with some measurement on what back spacing I will need. I have the Fastback and moving the tubs inboard might get into some deep work because of the back latch door would have to be narrowed as well. But of course I would like to have the widest tire I get away with in the rear and go with the 3.5 wheels up front. I installed some ss leaf springs on a 68 Charger I had and it made it sit up some and gave it a nice look. I more than likely will do the same with my car also one day. Keep up the good work you are doing and post any new pictures when you have done some more to your car. I look forward to it.

Mullinax, Heres a few pictures of my old car. It had 275-60-15s on 8.5" wide wheels on the back and stock wheel wells. You just need the offset hangers for this set up. I also had the 002/003 Super stock springs.

IM000560.sized.jpg

IM000558sized.jpg

AdamR that looks good. I have thought about the offset hangers also but didn't think they would be enough. So if I go with the hangers, tire size 275/60/15 what back spacing is on your wheels?
I hope I'm not hijacking this thread!

I painted the stripes on the grilles and bezels last night, and also the grille inserts.
I set everything in for picture purposes and snapped some quick shots.
Too bad I had to give the draglites back to my buddy cause I'm sure it would look so much nicer with his wheel back on it.

That's my next big purchase...Wheels!!!
I polished the aluminum and cleaned off all the argent silver with acetone.

I think I'm going to leave the grilles and bezels polished since I like that look better than the argent.
I will get some better pics when the sun comes out and I get some wheels on it.
cudagrille-12.jpg

cudagrille-13.jpg

The bezels are not perfect and have some dings and scratches.
I hate to bolt them on like this but my budget is tight so I'm gonna have to play with what I have for now until I can afford to get them restored.
The header panel looks dented in the top pic, but it's just a smudge.

cudagrille-12.jpg

cudagrille-13.jpg

18F04-5-1717-36.jpg

I've gotta give credit where credit is due.

This is the man responsible for all of the body fabrication work, mini tubs, spring relocation,roll cage,fuel cell cradle, and massaging the rear wheel openings.

He spent countless hours fabbing my machine.
I met him while he was working on a car at an all Mopar junk yard.
We became instant friends.

His name is Mitch Stewart and lives in Dallas Ga.
He is da man.
He'll tell you he looks scary, but the guy has a heart the size of Texas and really knows his Mopars.
This is one of those guys you would lay your life down for, and like wise.
If you need any work done in North Georgia, he is your fab man.
55N04-5-1718-27.jpg

This is Mitch's ride. 67 dart (post car) 440, 727, dana-60, full cage,fender well headers, fuel cell, the works.runs mid 11's so far.

18F04-5-1717-36.jpg

55N04-5-1718-27.jpg

mullinax95 said:
AdamR that looks good. I have thought about the offset hangers also but didn't think they would be enough. So if I go with the hangers, tire size 275/60/15 what back spacing is on your wheels?
I hope I'm not hijacking this thread!

The hangers will let you use the entire stock wheel well. If you plan on mini tubbing it you will need to move them in to the frame raile.

The rims were 15X8.5" with a 4-7/8" backspacing.

cudaspaz said:
cudagrille-13.jpg

The bezels are not perfect and have some dings and scratches.
I hate to bolt them on like this but my budget is tight so I'm gonna have to play with what I have for now until I can afford to get them restored.
The header panel looks dented in the top pic, but it's just a smudge.

The dents and dings give it character!
Your building a really cool Fish!

1966 dart wagon said:
wow its really coming together, the grill(s) look good :thumbup: if you think they look bad mine are in about 4 pieces

Yeah, they look okay from 10 or so ft away, but I hate putting dented pieces on that nice straight paint and body.

I guess the other guys that see it will instantly know if I'm made of money or not just by looking at the trim. ha, ha.

I will say that there is no way in the world that i'm going to snap on the trunk trim strips like they are right now... no way., they are too smashed.

Now those I can swing to get fixed, but I know getting those grilles and bezels redone is big bucks.

Your buddy Mitch does really great work! That is going to be one of the better looking 'cuda's that I have seen when its done.

Jack

Hey cadaspaz I got my car out of DULUTH GA. Do you know George the previous owner of my car? I believe he mentioned something about your ride when I told him about being on FABO. He told me the car hadn't been painted but it was black right now and it was a 67 and it was located in GA. Maybe....Maybe not.

mullinax95 said:
Hey cadaspaz I got my car out of DULUTH GA. Do you know George the previous owner of my car? I believe he mentioned something about your ride when I told him about being on FABO. He told me the car hadn't been painted but it was black right now and it was a 67 and it was located in GA. Maybe....Maybe not.

I don't know George but he may have heard about my car through the Mopar guy network, you know how that is, but my car was dark green ,not black, probably a different car.

I have just recently seen a large explosion of cool Mopars around here and for the longest time I hardly ever seen any around.
I had a guy with a 70 super bee pass me wide open the other day.
it was ev2 with black stripes, he was really gettin it.

cudaspaz said:
Mullinax, I can't wait to see your car with the Pro stars on it.

That's a really great looking cuda!

Well thank you sir!

It will be a while before I'll be able to afford to get the wheels. The $$ is tight right now. The tax man shows no mercy for single white males these days. It seems everyone gets back more money than I ever do for some reason. Oh well!

I think your car will look far better than mine when you get it done. That car is just awesome looking and it isn't done yet!

That is looking really nice. I love the AAR stripes. I keep thinking I want to get the same hood for my Valiant. Where did you buy the hood?

Got the hood and the scoop from glasstek.

The hood is a bolt on, they call it a super stock hood, and the scoop was separate.

The hood works well with the stock hood springs since it is reinforced well.

All I need now is to find a place with a really cool kit for the hood scoop to hood pins.

scewedcudawheels.jpg

Here is a photoshopped rendition with slammed suspension and torque thrust wheels.
I like the draglites better though.

-
Back