Reaction score
Hope they work.

100_0950.jpg

100_0973.jpg

100_0977.jpg

100_0976.jpg

100_0991.jpg

100_0945.jpg

Well, if I could get parts as cheap as him and then spend the big bucks on a super charging system like that, I'd mop the bloody freakin floor with him and the dispose of him in the nearest trash bin. LOL

OK seriously, hats off to him. Nice car and a ton of work there. Heck of a cooler for the charger.
Love the purple barge up top. Nice, really nice.

That track hasnt changed much since the late 60's when we raced there, just a color picture. I have pics. from there when they ran nitro dragsters and funnycars there from the late 60's.
Back when they used to drag them in on open wheeled trailers and station wagons, back when the corvair was the hottest funnycar body to have, and front engine dragsters were the in thing, actually the only thing and they smoked the tires the whole 1/4 mi.. Man this place has some memories for myself. Good to see it's still in operation.

Looks like they had a swap meet going also.
Nice pic. I like the big fury II sled.

Did you pick up any new parts?

Sadly I didn't make it to KK this year, but there are still a couple of weekends left. I live in Marquette, MI (Upper Peninsula) and WIR is the closest track (3+ hours).

My Dad (Pat DePetro) and his brother Ken used to race pro-stock drag bikes back from 1976-81-ish. I love hearing all of those old stories about the original S/S HEMI cars that were there and looking at some of the old school pictures from back in the day. I got one of a Sox and Martin 1970 HEMI 'Cuda by my dad siad he doubts it was an original.

I raced there quite a few times now. over the past four years, but I am not a regular. I started with our 1964 Ford F-100 truck that had a camaro front subframe and a vette 350 engine in it. We supercharged it and I raced it until we pounded it too hard. One night after 7-8 runs we were driving it back to the Comfort Suites in Appleton, WI and spun some bearings. It now uses a 1989 'LA" roller cam 360 with Mopar Performance R/T heads and an Air Gap intake for motovation. It seems to have about the same power as that old vette 350!
It's best time with the s/c'd 350 was a 14.0 at 95 mph which isn't too bad for a 3,800 lbs truck. We haven't run it with the 360..
I also raced my 1997 Probe GTS KL-ZE 2.5L all aluminum V6 5-speed there a few times. My times were rather poor as I couldn't get traction but it still managed a 14.8 at 96mph. With slicks this car would have gone high 13's.

We travel down that way pretty often as G.B. is the closest city to us. We were just there last weekend to take my kid to the new zoo and have a relaxation weekend. Good times! I saw a gold/copper color 1970 Plymouth Barracuda cruisin down the interstate (US-41) followed a few miles behind by a DeSoto 3-window coupe. Thos cars look funny with such a small bubble for a roof. There was also a nice 1972-74 red Barracuda with a white top/white stripe/white interior parked close to us at the Bay Park Square mall.
Chrysler World around Abrahms had a classic car show sign up the day we went through (Sep 15th) however it looked pretty empty when I drove by ~3:30pm.

Hopefully I'll see some of you guys around!

Ahh, nostalgia. Can't remember when somebody called it KK. Started racing at KK Sports Arena back in the 60's. Those were the days. They changed the name to Wisconsin International Raceway in 1970. I also was at the Abrams Show on Saturday. It was all over by 3:30, but was a good show and perfect weather.

DSC00072 (Small).JPG

-
Back