Pics of 67 Barracuda bought for $1900

-
Plans for the car? Well, either spend alot of money or hardly any at all. Not sure which yet. But most likely, I'll find someone to make the body solid and paint it the original dark green color. I was lucky enought to get all new interior parts with the car to include seat buns, seat covers (original type from Legendary in Gold), headliner, two new carpets ( he said they just sent two, he doesn't know why), and new door panels for drivers and passenger side. I also got two new sunvisors (white), new sill plates, and new inside door handles. Outside the car I got two new door handles and the hood inserts. Underneath I got new front suspension parts ( bushings, ball joints, etc..) and a nice big sway bar. All that stuff goes on the car along with a new dual exhaust system. ( I don't have that yet and am open to recommendations). As for the engine compartment, I'll probably cruise the lil' 273 around while I put together a new motor. I have a 440 on a stand that has never been fired.It's got steel crank, TRW forged six-pack pistons, Scat I beams, Hughes hydraulic cam, and some closed chamber 67 440 heads with new 2.19/1.88 Ferrea valves and Hughes springs along with Crane Gold Rockers, Street Dominator intake and a 850 Holley. Moroso pan is for a early B-body so it won't fit. That's option #1. OR, I have a '78 E58 360 that is torned down and looks good. For this motor I have collected so far the following new parts ( currently littering my Family room): Eagle 4" cast crank, Probe Forged pistons (10.3 with 62cc) and Total Seal Moly rings, Scat H-beams, and some Edelbrock RPM heads. So! Having said that, I could go 440 RB or go 408 Stroker. Or just cruise the 273. Decisions, decisions!! What do you guys think?

I just talked to a nice old guy in Md. who has a 8 3/4 housing w/35 spline axles for $400 ( no backing plates). I'm gonna pick it up this Sunday. I have two Sure-grip units in the garage ( 3.55 and a 3.91) so I'm good there. This Notch has the little axle in it now so we'll have to fix that.

I believe a Dakota 8 1/4" rear will have backing plates and drums that could be utilized. Plenty o' them littering the yards!

I just talked to a nice old guy in Md. who has a 8 3/4 housing w/35 spline axles for $400 ( no backing plates). I'm gonna pick it up this Sunday. I have two Sure-grip units in the garage ( 3.55 and a 3.91) so I'm good there. This Notch has the little axle in it now so we'll have to fix that.

How you going to shove 35 spline axles in a 30 spline sure grip? You'll somehow have to put 35 spline side gears in the SG.

You found a nice car and it should be an interesting project.

How you going to shove 35 spline axles in a 30 spline sure grip? You'll somehow have to put 35 spline side gears in the SG.

You found a nice car and it should be an interesting project.
I'm gonna use a hybrid of Nuclear Science and recombinant DNA to alter the chromasomal structure of the axles. Should be a breeze..........but seriously, I meant 30 spline! I'll probably get new axles anyway as the rear was under a Hemi car and probably took some abuse. I ordered a new fuel tank, 3/8's pickup, straps and a Carter mechanical fuel pump from RockAuto.com. Everything delivered to the house $297+change. Looking for a patch panel for rr 1/4. Decided to keep a small block and probably put the 3.55 sg in it. Found a nib set of Hedman headers in the garage I bought few years ago for a Demon that I never used. That was a bonus!

Good sense of humor, I like that response.

Sounds like you have a good plan and the rear should work nicely.

Hey Sumbit.

Would you be interested in selling the extra carpet?

I currently have the four speed in my car and a roll cage so I'm gonna have to get creative with the scalpel to go around the cage bars anyways so if you wanted to make me a deal on the carpet I would be interested if it's black in color of course.

Let me take a look at the carpets and make sure they are correct and in good shape Cudaspaz. I don't need two so I'll sell ya one no problem if I can.

Hey guys. I took the seats to the upholstery shop along with the new pads and seat covers. They turned out really nice. Question: Did '67 Cuda buckets have headrests? These do. I thought they all were whip-lash specials. I also put in the new gas tank, pickup, strap, and fuel pump and fresh gas. Sucker fired right up and had no death rattles or knocks or even ticks. A/C even worked too. Guess I got lucky for once! Still looking for a good body man in DC area.

Rumble said it best on this one............... You got one %$#@ of a deal on that little beauty.........

..............and if the A/C does work, or is close to working, it's a great asset to leave in there. Too many are being dumped for "mods" or aftermarket units........A nice working original is a great find.

Great car ! (of course, I'm a bit biased). 8)

100_0074.jpg

Thanks Pastortom. Hope my fish turns out as nice as yours!!! That a/c will be kinda nice on a hot Summer day!

-
Back