Pics of a floor 63-65

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me out with a detailed pic of a bare floor of a factory bucket seat early A such as a barracuda, valiant signet....any car built from 63 to 65 with factory bucket seats, I need to see the bare floor.

The reason: I am adding bucket seats to a car that did not originally have them ( 63 valiant wagon) and I want to see where the holes should be drilled and also I know there should be some metal re-enforcements around the inboard holes, so I need an idea what that looks like.

I have a pair of bucket seats out of a 63 dart GT so they should fit in the valiant if I can get the holes in the right spots and work it a little with the re-enforcements to make it look right.

I found this pic from an ad here on fabo but it's not detailed enough because I cant see the other side or any other views.....but this gives the idea what I am looking for.

Any help greatly appreciated

cuda7.jpg

On newer cars, the floor pans were dimpled where the holes would go. See any on Val?

Don't forget 66. Same stuff!

actually no, I could be wrong but from what I have researched, 66 tracks are one year only because the seat frames are different. 66 seats are much narrower than 64/5 because the "coffin" console made its first appearance in 66. That is the only reason I didn't include 66 because there is a possibility it is different.

actually no, I could be wrong but from what I have researched, 66 tracks are one year only because the seat frames are different. 66 seats are much narrower than 64/5 because the "coffin" console made its first appearance in 66. That is the only reason I didn't include 66 because there is a possibility it is different.
My bad, I didn't read your original post all the way through.

Good luck on your conversion. Here are pics of my 66 Barracuda that was factory bucket seats. There are reinforcements welded in to the floor for the seats on the inside closest to the hump. Also the holes that are for a bench seat had little upside down top hats to fill the holes on my car.
Joe

IMG_3750.JPG

IMG_3752.JPG

-
Back